Thread: rex thermosstate kit

ANY&ALL
    i got my motor back today.need some pics of water set ups with the thermo kit i will be running dry stacks for now. do you still need to regulate the water from the inlet or do I get rid of the ball valve all together thanks 454 tahiti bubble deck 1979

sleekvino
    search the forms its always a topic.

advantage21
    get rid of the ball valve i installed one of those kits in my boat during the winter runs great always at around 160 at idle, as far as the plumbing i assume your going to use a water dump through the transom or not the kit comes with a diagram of how to hook it up all you need to do is figure out where your going to dump the water.

victorfb
    just for the safety i wouldnt remove the ball vlave from the water source line. if you pop a freeze plug or have ANY other type of leak you wont be able to shut it off and get to shore. id say leave the ball valve and run it wide open instead.

PC Rat

Taylorman
    PC Rat, tell me a little about your motor. I have a friend who's 455 died this weekend, he may be interested. How much?

PC Rat
    PC Rat, tell me a little about your motor. I have a friend who's 455 died this weekend, he may be interested. How much?
    http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showt...ght=placecraft