Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll:Used boats

sorry dog
    All the stuff I buy are junkyard queens.

Dribble
    My first boat was a 10 year old Southwind. I sold it as a 21 year old Southwind. Next two boats were new but I wouldn't have a problem buying a used boat, as long as it was only a couple of years old and in good shape.

Dave C
    Hell ya... let someone else take the rather large first year depreciation. There are lots of deals out there.
    I would but I have an unfair advantage because I can fix almost anything, so I am willing to take the chance that might need some fixing and I can ususally spot trouble before it starts.
    Besides new boats break also, just not as frequent. :notam:

Topock Junkie
    Look around there are tons of good deals out there. Remeber this there's alot of money out there and to some people these boats are just like TONKA toys. They buy a new boat every year. I will never order a new boat again. Let someone else put 50 or so hours on it, and get all the bugs out of it.

Biglue
    I bought an 02 with 32 hours onthe meter. Saved quite a bit too.

Tom Brown
    All the stuff I buy are junkyard queens.
    They look good on you.

RiverOtter
    There are just too many boats out there that people don't use. Last June I bought my '02 with 70hrs on it (now has 150 ). Probably gonna sell it this week. Found another '02 with 90 hours one and sending the deposite off today.

AirtimeLavey
    Used...I got a great boat at much less $$$ (almost half!) than what they were going for at the show. It was clean as hell, and I had it mechanically checked out before hand. The body style is still the same as current year, in fact my boat is still on the mfr. web-site!!!
    I totally put it to the test at the Damn Run this Sat., it still ran great on Sun!
    Had little things to deal with when I bought it, but you can get that on new, too. Just gotta look it over closely! The money I saved gets put into other fun and real investments!!!
    Good luck. Like someone else said, buy whatever one gets you going...

Nord
    I will be selling my boat within the next 2 seasons, and whoever buys it will be stoked!! I've never bought a new boat and I have no complaints!!!! Boats are to F#@$ing expensive right now anyways!!!

djunkie
    Bought my '89 Howard used 5 years ago. Everything is original to this date. Even the engine. Never even had a valve cover off and I run the piss out of it. If you find what you like used I say go for it.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...er_062-med.jpg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast