Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: More Dam Pictures

WYRD
    Awsome pictures. I will have some of mine up later today.

HOOTER SLED-
    Squirtin Thunder ran up in his little 18 footer. I think the basin was the smoothest part of the lake on Saturday. I'd do it in my 21 if the water was like that. No probs. I think I have like 48 gallons. I would fill up at each stop. But that's just me. Especially cuz I have a jet and a big block. When I did the Avi to Havi run, I made it all the way and just had to fill up in Havi for the ride back. About 3/4 of a tank. Hoover is further though.

pixilatedpussy
    Look like fun Rich.....Next time we will play too! :rollside:

JackieV
    Awsome pictures. I will have some of mine up later today.
    Remember ONLY the good ones!

AirtimeLavey
    how did they do? i have a 22' and want to know how abused i'll get and how much gas it'll take me to make the run...
    Like the others said, you'd a been fine this day. Mandelon's about the same size and seemed like he and family did well...It's worth going out, and seeing what weather turns up. Plus people were good at keeping an eye out for each other...

Biglue
    How long does the run take? It would be interesting to try it out next year.

dicudmore
    How long does the run take? It would be interesting to try it out next year.
    we made a few hours out of it by taking some stops...
    I've gone katherines to willow or vice versa several times in 1 hr or less (non-stop) the dam is about 13 miles past willow

Biglue
    we made a few hours out of it by taking some stops...
    I've gone katherines to willow or vice versa several times in 1 hr or less (non-stop) the dam is about 13 miles past willow
    10-4 How fast were you cruising? What speeds were you averaging? I have a Commander 26 signature. I'm just comparing since your boat has the same power package. One more thing how much gas can you hold?

Squirtin Thunder
    Squirtin Thunder ran up in his little 18 footer. I think the basin was the smoothest part of the lake on Saturday. I'd do it in my 21 if the water was like that. No probs. I think I have like 48 gallons. I would fill up at each stop. But that's just me. Especially cuz I have a jet and a big block. When I did the Avi to Havi run, I made it all the way and just had to fill up in Havi for the ride back. About 3/4 of a tank. Hoover is further though.
    I filled up Friday 23 gal, all the way to the top and brought 13.5 gal with me and at Willows added to that with Super and had one full tank today. So I think it was about 35 gal round trip, 128 miles. Which looks to be about 3.7 MPG but raced a Cat and a V through the basin, running about 75mph throwin tail.
    Today, we went down to Gasoline Alley, nice and quiet. Coming back saw smoke, so I stepped on it a bit harder to get to just north of Telephone Cove, where an old day cruiser was a blaze. The Nevada Wildlife was there with the owner. So I asked if they wanted me to put it out, the officer and the owner talked and gave me the go ahead. Squirted it down and then some GD jet skis started in on it, well I put it out and sunk it. The guy said thank you. I was surprised. I told him I was sorry and we could hook a rope and pull it up. He said he had to wait and see what to do. And then we rode off through some real nasty chop to Stopsign Cove and floated for a while.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ct0267-med.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ct0270-med.jpg
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...ct0272-med.jpg

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast