Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: More Dam Pictures

Squirtin Thunder
    Just got back. Had a great time !!! We made it from dam to dam in my ity bity boat.
    Well concidering people said that a small boat would have a tough time making the trip to the Hoover Dam, it was a very nice ride. Sat morning got to Katherens about 8am short line launched ideling out noticed that the bat was not charging. So I comendeered a slip and began diagnocis.. The alt took a shit, no biggy sent the wife to pick up the spare at the house. That venture took some time being there was an 4 car acciedent on 95. Put the alt in and test fired the engine and all better. Well it was 10 am when she got back and we headed up river at about 10:30am, being late we ran it all by our selves. Saw a few people at Willows, but we kept going because we knew we were running quite late. Got up to the dam put some gas in and everything was great stopped at Willows and topped off before we headeed back. The ride was good till the last 5miles after the basin. there were some big ass swelles from all the big boats. Took some pics that I will load up soon. Very nice day thanks guys !!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    Squirtin Thunder ran up in his little 18 footer. I think the basin was the smoothest part of the lake on Saturday. I'd do it in my 21 if the water was like that. No probs. I think I have like 48 gallons. I would fill up at each stop. But that's just me. Especially cuz I have a jet and a big block. When I did the Avi to Havi run, I made it all the way and just had to fill up in Havi for the ride back. About 3/4 of a tank. Hoover is further though.
    I wish we could have met up !!!
    I wanted to meet the Hooters of the sled !!!
    I was determand to get to the Dam and back.
    Ran about 75mph through the Basin !!!

Squirtin Thunder
    10-4 How fast were you cruising? What speeds were you averaging? I have a Commander 26 signature. I'm just comparing since your boat has the same power package. One more thing how much gas can you hold?
    We ran about 40mph on average but around 75mph through the basin

Squirtin Thunder
    What was the smallest boat that made the run?
    I do believe that was us !!! 18' Sanger Custom Sprint. The guy at Willows said the boat looked like a luv seat with an engine !!!

cole13
    I do believe that was us !!! 18' Sanger Custom Sprint. The guy at Willows said the boat looked like a luv seat with an engine !!!
    I have to say you are THE MAN, to brave that lake. I have taken my little 18 Ft Cole on Mead and people thought I was nuts. 125 miles is pretty insane. If would like to meet up some time. There are a couple of us that launch at Mcyntire S/P South of Blyth and make the 80 mile journey to Lake Martinez if you are interested. It will be at the end of August. One gas dock on the way.

Biglue
    We ran about 40mph on average but around 75mph through the basin
    Thanks SS, sounds like a lot of fun.

Squirtin Thunder
    I have to say you are THE MAN, to brave that lake. I have taken my little 18 Ft Cole on Mead and people thought I was nuts. 125 miles is pretty insane. If would like to meet up some time. There are a couple of us that launch at Mcyntire S/P South of Blyth and make the 80 mile journey to Lake Martinez if you are interested. It will be at the end of August. One gas dock on the way.
    I am going to need bigger tanks if I am going to keep doing these marathons. I only have two 11 gal tanks. But it sounds like I would be fine @ 3.7mpg !!!

Squirtin Thunder

Havasu Hangin'

Did you park next to me in GA on Sunday?

Squirtin Thunder
    Did you park next to me in GA on Sunday?
    Is that way you left ??? All the mating boat talk ????

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast