Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tennis elbow - tendonitis

Cas
    anyone dealing with this?
    After many years of swinging a hammer, I've apparently developed it in my right arm. It's been just about 4 weeks now with a pretty fair amount of pain, anti-inflamatories and vicotin aren't working, rest isn't working, the arm brace isn't working which is basically keeping me from working.
    Anyone been through this with any success?

MagicMtnDan
    Time to switch to the other hand

Cas
    then the pain will be worse from whacking my thumbs and fingers with the hammer
    worse part about it is the shooting pain when I try to pick up a cup of coffee

Music to my Ears
    After several cortisone shots that provided temporary relief, my wife had surgery for her tennis elbow. Totally fixed the problem. It took about 4-6 weeks for recovery. Good luck.

syke-o
    i just got diagnosed with tendonitis in my upper bicep area where it attached to my left shoulder... been hurting for 2 months or so and went to the dr on fir.. dr gave me some anti inflammatories and told me to take it easy for 2 weeks while taking the meds to see how it does....

Biglue
    Time to put downthe smut guys.

Kurtis500
    I had wicked 'tennis elbow' in college when playing racquetball. I could hardly use my arm once it got too bad. I put the arm band that goes around te upper forearm with a little inflated bad in it. The inflated part pushed in on the area between the two muscles on the outside of the upper forearm. Fixed the problem almost immediatly. I always use it when I play or the pain comes back after one or two days. Not sure where to get it from though, my doctor gave me a perscription for it back then.

sorry dog
    I'm waiting to see what Tom Brown did to fix his elbow...

Cas
    Kurtis,
    I have one of those also but this time it's not doing a damn thng. Dr said it's not really bad enough for a cortisone shot nor surgery. I just feel like I'm in limbo with this damn thing this time. At this point, it doesn't seem to be getting worse so I really need to get back to work. Being self employed, no work, no pay.

I have it in my left elbow. I've had 3 Cortisone injections(that's the limit). As long as I don't really load up with work, it's OK, but, as soon as I have to lean on it(use it) it hurts, sometimes for days unfortunately. Surgery is an option if you need to use your arm everyday. I don't, so I just live with it. A can of Beer can be supported by my right arm just fine. Good luck with your outcome, whether injections or surgery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast