Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hats Off To Raylar & Absolute!!!!

shadow
    Thanks to Raylar and Aaron @ Absolute My boat is performing as promised.
    Not the fastest out there but for my budget they have lived up to everything as promised.Raylar kit has been in for about 3 months now and we have used the boat almost every weekend since and then this past weekend @ the dam run another 130 miles or so of running up and down Lake Mohave.
    Thanks again!!! Aaron,Ray & Larry.

shadow
    Now that you've got your prop and everything all dialed in, how much of a perfomance gain did you see?
    Amazing difference from before!No gps in the boat but speedo was pegged past 80MPH at will.I'm guessing it was running 80.The best part is the mid range cruise and acceleration.Plus i had approx 100 gals of fuel for the first part of the trip.

shadow
    Wow, that's really impressive. So, you picked up about 15 mph?
    As an aside, my boat is running like crap, just this weekend. I think I fouled a plug, it sounds like it's missing like shit. What causes that? I JUST had the damn thing serviced and I've only put about 5 hours on it since.
    What makes you think a plug is fouled?Pull out a couple and look at em.Plus where did you buy gas and or how long has it been sitting.Drain some fuel out into a glass jar and let it sit for a bit and check for debris or water.Check all the coils and make sure the plug wires are connected at the plug and coli.Both ends,maybe one got knocked loose getting a rope or ice chest out.

shadow
    I was just guessing on the plug being fouled, mainly because I don't get under the hatch for anything. I don't even raise it to charge my batts anymore and don't store anything under there. I checked it out, everything looked okay. It misses really bad out of the hole and it's idling really rough. Just started when I put it in the water Saturday, right from the get go.
    No smart craft buzzer going off? Do a visual of connections,wires,etc.Pull a plug and have a look they are easy to get to and can tell you alot.Then have a look at your fuel.

shadow
    No you don't have the smartcraft.could be fuel or could be debris.Pull off the fuel filter and pour out the fuel in it and see what it looks like.if theres any sign of debris drain a few gallons out to confirm.First i'd pull a plug.The service you just had may or may not have included plugs depending on hrs.

Dave C
    I agree, take off the fuel filter dump it into a clear glass and wait. See what happens.
    then change the fuel filter.
    Hopefully that does the trick.
    do this before you do anything else.
    No you don't have the smartcraft.could be fuel or could be debris.Pull off the fuel filter and pour out the fuel in it and see what it looks like.if theres any sign of debris drain a few gallons out to confirm.First i'd pull a plug.The service you just had may or may not have included plugs depending on hrs.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Hey Shadow! If you took out your stereo I bet you would see 85 :boxed: That thing is wicked!! Good seeing ya all!

shadow
    Hey Shadow! If you took out your stereo I bet you would see 85 :boxed: That thing is wicked!! Good seeing ya all!
    Thanks!Good seeing you too!I'm looking forward to a ride in that Daytona.

phebus
    I know since Shadow's install, there have been several Raylar kits put on other boats. Where are the results? I was considering the Raylar kit in the future, but the cheerleading sure has died down. Numbers??????
    And I think your wrong on the Shadow stereo numbers, that has to be at least a 20lb. anchor. The sickest system I've seen.

Beer-30
    It misses really bad out of the hole and it's idling really rough. Just started when I put it in the water Saturday, right from the get go.
    Sure sounds valve-springish? I hate to say that, but a full-time, consistant miss on a late model motor (EFI, DIS) could easily be that. Unless one of the coils is going/gone?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast