Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hats Off To Raylar & Absolute!!!!

rvrhlic
    I agree with Darryl, Ray, Larry and Aaron spent the day on my boat Saturday with the all sorts of crap hooked up to my motor. We basically worked on dialing it in. I am pretty happy with it, there is still some work that has to be done. These guys are getting it taken care of. I cannot say enough good things about Aaron and his operation.

ROZ
    Could be plug wires or maybe they didn't check the gap on the plugs before they put them in?

Beer-30
    I would pull all plugs, inspect one-at-a-time.
    Since plugs are out, unplug fuel pump and check compression.
    Check all 8 wires with ohm meter.
    If plugs look questionable, go with new set (they are pricey, though, be advised).

plaster dave
    hey shadow when we were coming back down we were going 49 to 52 mph.

Beer-30
    It ran fine for the previous three trips. I'm starting to think it may be fuel related. I had some fuel for Friday, ran fine on Friday. I went first thing Saturday morning and got gas and that's when it started running crappy. Not immediately, but soon thereafter.
    Well, if it cleans up, let us know. Sorry, Shadow, for hi-jacking the thread.
    BTW, I would just run 87 in it. There is pretty good knowledge here on the boards that has proven these motors are setup for 87 and don't like 92. Doubt you will notice any performance change up or down. Will probably run cleaner on the 87. I run the cheapest 87 I can find that the boat will fit into. I have ask a lot if it (30', 11 peeps, full fuel) and it never skips a beat!

shadow
    lets UNjack this thread and start another on Shockwave bobs boat is running like shit!
    Back to the thread at hand.
    Hats off to Ray,Larry & Aaron!!!!!!!

Beer-30
    I DON'T have a Mercruiser 496, I have a Marine Power 8100 VORTEC. My owner's manual specifically says to run premium.
    Didn't you just get your boat? My boat ran really good when it was new too.
    I know yours is MP 8100, but they are extremely similar. If the manual says 92, then run 92, I guess.
    Mine is only new to me. It's an Oh-1 and has 180 hours. Granted, that's still low to start experiencing problems, but ya never know. If it persists, check the compression. At least one of the guys here had a rocker arm issue.
    Depending on how many hours, it could still be a possibility.

shadow
    hey shadow when we were coming back down we were going 49 to 52 mph.
    Nice to know cause if you had gps then that means my speedo is close.I was reading about 50mph most of the way.Nice cruising with you,your boat looked great.Couldn't of asked for better conditions huh?
    We'll have to do that again one of these days.

mike37
    shadow good to meet you this weekend
    I need that raylar kit

shadow
    Mike it was our pleasure meeting you,your wife & boys.Can't wait till next month Naci Bash.I take it you made the long haul home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast