Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boat service in Parker

Smokin Joe
    It was one of those things, when you turn the river into work it's not fun any more working 7 by 24. plus he was offered a position with great money, maybe he can enjoy his place at echo again.
    joe

Schiada76
    Wouldn't be bad if you were retired and paid cash or close to it.
    We always check there first for parts before driving into Parker saves an hour or more.
    Chuck was good for basic maintenance, if you had a boat stored there he'd "prep" it for you if wanted. :squiggle:

Waldo
    You know what's funny, that place should have been booming. It is very centrally located on the CA side and if you have your boat hooked up, it's very convenient. Having said that, I don't think I ever boat anything there but ice cream, but there's a lot of lazy people in the world that won't drive the extra 10 miles into Parker.
    While talking with him in the winter, they apparently get mucho business from the snowbirds. It's real close to the Rio so we go there when we need things here and there. Maybe too much trouble than it's worth in time like said above.

don johnson
    I don't know who Ron is but the guy said he had to call somebody to find out how much they were. I was standing next to him while he was on the phone. He hung up and said, "$30 buck bro, $15 each." I just laughed at him and then told him what I thought and how much those parts really cost and that I'd pay it because I had no choice but that it was an f'd up deal. Hustler and I went into about 4 different parts stores in Parker looking for a fuel pump and fittings. We found the Pump at the Parts store next to Bad Attitude and the guy there said to try Bad Attitude for the AN fittings we needed.
    It's possible that Ron said one price and the guy figured he'd make some extra cash, I don't know because I couldn't hear what the guy on the phone said. Weather it was Ron or his employee it sucks. :yuk:
    Always 2 sides to a story... Who knows.... Ron could have been out testing a boat and had his hands full and simply threw out a price to his employee on the phone to take care of you. Ron does not run a parts shop, he runs a service company. Sounds like he did you a favor to me!
    Regardless Ron runs a first rate shop and is always available to his customers which is impossible to find in Parker.
    Mud, I hope that you do not need service help in Parker in the future as the bashing of Bad Attitude was totally jerk knee and uncalled for. What business are you in? I would like to catch you at a bad time and then report out to all your customers on the internet that you have a shit business. See how you like it.

don johnson
    Why, what's he going to do, screw him worse next time?
    Bob, have you had personal experiance with Ron at Bad Attitude? If not pretty presumptuous comment.
    Not to get in a pissing match but I do not agree that he got screwed. He needed a part, Bad Attitude had the part, they agreed on a price, done deal. If you do not like the price keep driving around town. The person that allows themself to be screwed is either stupid or with full knowledge and has made a conscious decision to accept it.

don johnson
    My comment was based on your statement, not my personal knowledge of Bad Attitude Boats. Your statement almost dared him to have a problem and need service in the future.
    I'm all for making a profit, but there's something that's known as profiteering. That's when you make more than a fair profit because you're the only source readily available for a product.
    Bob, the reason I asked if you had personal experience is if you had, you would know that Bad Attitude is not a parts store, they service boats. They probably did not even know what the cost of those fittings were and pulled a cost out of the blue to help a person out.

BADBLOWN572
    Ron over at Bad Attitude has always treated me right. If you deal directly with Ron you will get good service and at a fair price. Coming from within the industry, I know what things cost and he definitely doesn't rape people on pricing. Does he make a profit, absolutely, but why are you in business if you do not turn a profit. If you don't shortly you won't be in business.
    Last year on Memorial day weekend, I blew an outdrive and I was not happy. I called up Ron, on Sunday, and he had me tow my boat to his shop to take a look. Yep, confirmed, I F'ed it up BAD. Oil was black and the drive oil looked like glitter. There was so much metal in the drive and I was pissed. The following weekend was OP6 and I did not want to miss it. It turned out that I blew a vertical and when that released, it took out the upper set of gears. Ron had the drive torn apart Monday morning and instantly gave me a call to tell me the bad news. I said to fix it and to not **** me. He said that he would be fair and I said to go. Ron knew that I had to get the drive back together by the following weekend so he overnighted the parts from Florida. I also found out that he talked to the manufacturer of the outdrive for me and got the upper gears covered under warranty. I call him up on Friday while on my way out and he said to bring the boat by and he would get me on the water. We worked on the boat until around 9:00pm and I was fixed. Went to get my bill and it was not too bad. $1400.00 for a blown outdrive that took out the upper gears, vertical shaft, bearings, seals, etc... Not too bad!
    Ron has never done me wrong. If I had to go somewhere in Parker, I would definitely go to Ron over at Bad Attitude. Nice guy and is always fun to stop by and shoot the shit with him.

BAD ATTITUDE BOATS
    F uck the guys at Bad Attitude boats for ASS RAPING people. I went in there on Saturday to get 2 3/8 NPT to -8 AN fittings for a Fuel Pump for Hustlers boat and the bastard in there charged me $30 for them $15 each. This is normally a $4 or $5 dollar part. I told him I'd pay it because I had no choice but that he was an asshole for screwing me. Bad Attitude Boats has a pretty ****i ng Bad Attitude about helping out boaters.
    MR MUDPUMPER MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED ME BEFOR BASHING ME ONLINE OVER 15.00 AND HELPING OUT BOATERS SHIT IM HERE ALL WEEKEND JUST FOR YOU BOATERS BELEAVE ME I WOULD RATHER BE PARTYING ON THE WATER.MYBE IF I WAS CLOSED AND ON THE WATER YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN ON SHORE WITH NO FITTINGS

BAD ATTITUDE BOATS
    mr Mudpumper Maybe You Should Have Called Me Befor Bashing Me Online Over 15.00 And Helping Out Boaters Shit Im Here All Weekend Just For You Boaters Beleave Me I Would Rather Be Partying On The Water.mybe If I Was Closed And On The Water You Would Have Been On Shore With No Fittings
    Shit I Would Pay 100.00 To Finish My Weekend Trip For Fittings In Parker On The Strip.ive Sent Someone To Phenoix For A Fuel Pump And Fittings To Finish My Weekend.

Waldo
    Ron, do you have a web site?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast