Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bartending School???

NOTALENT
    Has anyone went to one? and what do they charge to attend?

Silver
    To focking much.............600 to 1000..............
    Study up yourself or start bar backing and work on up!
    Ask around? Where do ya live/like to party.

KACHINA KEN
    Put booze in glass, bada bing . you're a bartender. Talk to Clownpuncher, tell him you wanna intern.

RiverForUs
    High Roller went to one a while back!

clownpuncher
    Put booze in glass, bada bing . you're a bartender. Talk to Clownpuncher, tell him you wanna intern.
    LOL, almost, but, no quite that easy.
    My view of bartending school is a little biased. IMO, you're better off being a barback in a kick ass joint. Learn whatever you can and go from there.
    In our place, we don't hire anyone that doesn't have a TON of experience. The one and only "bartender school" grad we hired couldn't handle the business. He got fired in two days. Learing the drinks does not make you a good bartender. You have to have a good personality, good pours, good money sense, and most of all you have to have the trust of the management. My suggestion would be to get a job in a busy place, as a bar back or busboy. Doesn't matter. Learn the trade and be a good businessman.
    Good bartenders can easily make 150.00 to 300.00 a night in a so so place. Multiply thatby 4 or 5 nights a week and it aint a bad living. Just remember to save your cash .

NOTALENT
    To focking much.............600 to 1000..............
    Study up yourself or start bar backing and work on up!
    Ask around? Where do ya live/like to party.
    Newport, LB (PIne St), OC, places like Malarkys, Tantation, Smooths, Dubblander, Sutra, Sharkys..etc.

NOTALENT
    LOL, almost, but, no quite that easy.
    My view of bartending school is a little biased. IMO, you're better off being a barback in a kick ass joint. Learn whatever you can and go from there.
    In our place, we don't hire anyone that doesn't have a TON of experience. The one and only "bartender school" grad we hired couldn't handle the business. He got fired in two days. Learing the drinks does not make you a good bartender. You have to have a good personality, good pours, good money sense, and most of all you have to have the trust of the management. My suggestion would be to get a job in a busy place, as a bar back or busboy. Doesn't matter. Learn the trade and be a good businessman.
    Good bartenders can easily make 150.00 to 300.00 a night in a so so place. Multiply thatby 4 or 5 nights a week and it aint a bad living. Just remember to save your cash .
    Do you need to have a License do get hired on as a bartender?? I wanna start doing this as a night job. I have been studying up on the drinks and have been experimenting for quite some time.

Silver
    Depends on the city. Sounds like you have a couple of places scoped out! Good luck. You might want to try strip clubs too........work as a bouncer/ bar back and move up......................

NOTALENT
    Depends on the city. Sounds like you have a couple of places scoped out! Good luck. You might want to try strip clubs too........work as a bouncer/ bar back and move up......................
    Yeah...a few..I know a few peeps I guess I will just have to see what they can do for me. thanks for the info.

alfonzo
    I went to the national bartenders school in 1993. It's a good base to learn from, but I think you could do the same as a barback,and get paid! I did meet my Girfriend of 8 years there, that was cool...at the time. My brother worked as a barback and started bartending about a month into it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast