Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone running a hydraulic roller cam in a jet?

wet77
    rocker nuts??? wet, what you're looking into here is an entirely different ballgame. jesels, crane golds, etc., use screws to adjust lash that are locked with nuts. but the main thing is selecting a good system for your application that will keep the valve train tight. for example, if you installed a relatively hi lift roller cam around .700, and only replaced your stock rockers with crane golds, the stock studs are gonna bend around so much that your valve train won't stay tight, so that system would need a stud girdle. stud girdles make valve adjustment a little trickier, but they work. with a roller system, it is critical that the valve train geometry is installed correctly (pushrod length, rollers over the valves, etc.), and that the components remain tight during operation.
    just for the heck of it, go to www.jegs.com, or summitracing and look at all the different types of valve train components available.
    I believe my builder is going to use comp magnum roller rockers.
    Inconel exhaust valves, titanium retainers on the dart pro1 heads

LVjetboy
    Bp posted: "...nelson's right on. solid roller is the only way to go."
    Only way to go...why Bp? Because adjusting is no big deal no matter application? Does wet77's lift and/or rpm make it so? Is 0.650 lift enough to demand a solid? He posted not sure about lift. Or is it 6k rpm? So what do you think he'll turn his Aggressor B?
    jer

bp
    Bp posted: "...nelson's right on. solid roller is the only way to go."
    Only way to go...why Bp? Because adjusting is no big deal no matter application? Does wet77's lift and/or rpm make it so? Is 0.650 lift enough to demand a solid? He posted not sure about lift. Or is it 6k rpm? So what do you think he'll turn his Aggressor B?
    jer
    rather than question/argue with me (and/or nelson), why not just tell wet your opinions why hydraulic rollers are better than solid rollers, and let it go at that?

hyd. cams are for lazy people.

moneysucker
    Why didn't someone tell me this before. I Qualify. That would give me more time to polish.

HBjet
    Really?

Hustler
    I'll go to solid if you adjust them on the Hustler

Jet City
    I believe my builder is going to use comp magnum roller rockers.
    Inconel exhaust valves, titanium retainers on the dart pro1 heads
    If you plan on .650 or more lift scratch the Pro Magnum rockers from your list, I was warned of this myself and I confirmed with a call to Comp tech's, step up to Comps Hi-Tech series.

LVjetboy
    "rather than question/argue with me (and/or nelson), why not just tell wet your opinions why hydraulic rollers are better than solid rollers, and let it go at that?"
    I give my opinions all the time Bp. But what good are opinions with no debate? You posted solids the only way to go. I'm not saying hydraulics are better or worse than solids, that depends on application. I figured the limits of hydraulics are worth questioning/argueing, and Wet77's thread seemed a good place since he brought it up. So I ask you a few questions which I think go to the bottom line.
    - What rpm will wet77 turn an Aggressor B? (How much power?)
    - Does his lift at that rpm require solids?
    jer

wet77
    Ok so what's wrong with the magnum rockers :2purples:
    I think the lift is .688 on the cam its been a long day :sleeping:
    I was told with the motor I was building and the pump setup I could see from 6200-6500 rpm :220v:
    I was warned by HTP that a hydrualic roller at those rpm's was not a good idea :argue:
    Duane if your out there chime in

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast