Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New boat, needs service!!

ONE 4 SPECTRA
    You gotta call Mobile Marine Service. They are in riverside they come right to your house and service your boat. Anything you need, I built a great relationship with them. They really know there stuff. They will even go to the lake if you break down and fix it if it is possible. Ask for Shawn.909-640-0667

teambnr
    gstark, the manufacture of my boat chose Marine Power for the motor, I went for the 454X, carb. It also was leaving a black soot on the transom first trip out.
    And a hesitation on any acelleration, at any rpm. Upon returning it to MP they said it ate a cam. Got the boat back, this time it had no pop max rpm was 4400 (800 less than original) still leaving black soot. The explanation was human error, timing set wrong. Third time out was all good, and every time since. All the communication was handled by the manufacturer so I've never spoken to MP personally. Not sure if I'm going in that direction or looking for someone new. I should tell you up front, I know less than nothing about motors, carbs, heads,etc.... I just want to go a little faster. And write the check. Repair shops are going to love me.

gstark
    teambnr:
    I understand your position and situation.
    There is an expectation that after one forks out 10's of thousands of cash that everything should function correctly.
    I also have that expectation - to a degree.
    I also know that many builders live hand to mouth, going from one boat to the next because of cash flow issues. In these cases customer service is slim, if non-existent. They are in business to build boats, not to service them.
    I'm glad your motor issues cleared up. Mine will also - when I fix them.
    Now you are stuck with the elusive goals of many of us - more speed. You can open the checkbook for add-ons. Choose wisely for this does add up. In some instances there is some free speed to be found by tuning and altering one variable, be it trim, timing, or another thing.
    I'd be interested in knowing more about your boat, builder, drive and setup. You can e-mail me using my profile if you'd like to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12