Thread: Canyon Lake, Tx.

TexasJet
    I just found out Potters Creek Park on Canyon Lake, in central Texas, is now on the reservation system for Corps of Engineers Parks. www.reserveamerica.com I thought I would pass it along to all. I'll be there in late July for a week.

Sweet Addiction
    Saw that on the news, something about them pumping 10 million gallons out of it a day for fresh water.

TexasJet
    As of last weekend the lake was 1 foot over full pool. It's a deep lake, very clear water.

wrenchdaddy
    Hey hows is the water at canyon lake? I heard its smooth most of the time? How does it compare to Lake Travis as far as clarity?
    Ben

Greaser
    I just found out Potters Creek Park on Canyon Lake, in central Texas, is now on the reservation system for Corps of Engineers Parks. www.reserveamerica.com I thought I would pass it along to all. I'll be there in late July for a week.
    WOW, thats good to know. How is the camp sites over there?

taylormanss
    that is a great lake to run in,as long as you don't blow an intake water line like i did on my old liberator.right in the middle of the lake! one of the peeps in my boat started yelling for me to stop i told them screw that we we stop we sink!we were at potter's creek that day.

blowngas
    yeah, it's good, but can get a little rough from traffic---used to go to potter's quite often in years past----last time I went, I wanted to go in and look for an empty table or campsite, and the old toilet working the gate acted like it was his domain to rule, said that all sites were taken, which was plain BS, and would not allow me to go in and look----pissed me off royally!!!----not sure if I'll ever go back again, due to his being a hard ass----should have made it an issue to the corps of engineers-----an old bastard like him runs more people off than makes an outing enjoyable----much better folks over on the west side, at medina lake

78TaylorSS460
    Hey hows is the water at canyon lake? I heard its smooth most of the time? How does it compare to Lake Travis as far as clarity?
    Ben
    I think Lake Travis is a great lake, mainly because of the scenery!! But it can get really choppy from all the boats. But you can't beat the view!