Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Home Depot

flat broke
    Boycott Home Depot
    Illegal Immigration is a big issue and rightfully so. Many times it seems like there arenÂ’t enough things that can be done by the average Joe to help act upon what he believes in. Small movements like the Minuteman Project give constructive outlets, but even still, the logistics of participating in something like that can be tough. The bottom line is to be committed in your belief and act where you can.
    Because of Home DepotÂ’s support of day laborers and their subsidization of day laborer lounges, I have decided to boycott Home Depot. IÂ’m fortunate that I live in an area where I have the choice of LoweÂ’s or Home Depot, and for what I need, I can usually get what IÂ’m looking for at either store. For a long time I have seen day laborers lined up in Home Depot parking lots and it always turned my stomach. The way they would accost my truck when IÂ’d pull into the Santa Ana location for some odds and ends that a crew missed, or we needed to accommodate a last minute customer request, infuriated me and strengthened my distaste for illegal immigrants in general. Now having greater insight into the decay they are inflicting upon our nation, I find that I cannot justify spending my hard earned money if a portion of it is going to support illegal immigration in any way, shape, or form.
    I just sent a detailed email to Home Depot (http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...41.1112721012@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccdcaddefjmefdkcgelceffdfgidgmj.0& CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=Customer%20Support/Contact%20Us&MID=9876) explaining why they will no longer receive my business, and from now on, LoweÂ’s gets first crack at my dollar. They arenÂ’t a perfect company either, but at least they arenÂ’t openly embracing illegal immigrants and seeking public funds to assist in the subsidization of these day labor lounges. Whoever reads that email will probably just toss it and chuckle and life will go on as usual for Home Depot, but at least I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I'm doing something, however small it may be, to put my money where my mouth is.
    Chris

NashvilleBound
    Chris, I feel the same way. Thankfully now that I am out in TN I dont have to deal with the brown units any more.... just rednecks, but at least they are legal if nothing else

lucky
    try to make an appointment to unload product -- I boycotted along time ago :devil:

napabob
    Chris, I feel the same way. Thankfully now that I am out in TN I dont have to deal with the brown units any more.... just rednecks, but at least they are legal if nothing else
    Hispanic Population Estimates and Projections
    Tennessee Counties and the State
    2000-2010
    Office of Health Statistics, Bureau of Health Informatics Tennessee Department of Health
    August, 2003

NashvilleBound
    Well bOb, thanks for peeing in my cherrios BUT, the good news is they must be pretty spread out cuz I rarely see 'them'. Whats the stats on CA? Just curious....
    Hispanic Population Estimates and Projections
    Tennessee Counties and the State
    2000-2010
    Office of Health Statistics, Bureau of Health Informatics Tennessee Department of Health
    August, 2003

Havasu Cig
    I started boycotting Home Depot after they would not take back a $35 plant because the receipt had been stolen out of my truck. I spent over 100k there during my re-model last year and they basically told me to stick it up my a$$.

napabob
    Well bOb, thanks for peeing in my cherrios BUT, the good news is they must be pretty spread out cuz I rarely see 'them'. Whats the stats on CA? Just curious....
    My intent was to alert you of the presence of 'brown units' in your area and not to urinate in your morning cereal (my apologies).
    Estimates of the Size and Characteristics of the Undocumented Population 3.21.2005
    The undocumented population of the United States now numbers nearly 11 million people, including more than 6 million Mexicans according to new estimates by the Pew Hispanic Center, based on the most recent official data available. State-level data shows that Arizona and North Carolina now rank among the states with the largest populations of unauthorized migrants. The estimates were developed by Jeffrey S. Passel, a senior research associate at the Center and a veteran demographer who specializes in the foreign-born population.
    March 2004
    California 24%
    Texas: 14%
    Florida: 9%
    New York: 7%
    Arizona: 5%
    Illinois: 4%
    New Jersey: 4%
    North Carolina: 3%
    Figures may not add to 100 percent due to rounding.

NashvilleBound
    My intent was to alert you of the presence of 'brown units' in your area and not to urinate in your morning cereal (my apologies).
    Estimates of the Size and Characteristics of the Undocumented Population 3.21.2005
    The undocumented population of the United States now numbers nearly 11 million people, including more than 6 million Mexicans according to new estimates by the Pew Hispanic Center, based on the most recent official data available. State-level data shows that Arizona and North Carolina now rank among the states with the largest populations of unauthorized migrants. The estimates were developed by Jeffrey S. Passel, a senior research associate at the Center and a veteran demographer who specializes in the foreign-born population.
    March 2004
    California 24%
    Texas: 14%
    Florida: 9%
    New York: 7%
    Arizona: 5%
    Illinois: 4%
    New Jersey: 4%
    North Carolina: 3%
    Figures may not add to 100 percent due to rounding.
    Its all good slim...just harrassing you Can you get the same numbers for CA? Same format??

NashvilleBound
    Personally I think, after a proper warning, we should have our National Guard at our borders. Shoot to kill. The word would go out and immediately it would stop without a shot being fired. But thats just my idea. It will never happen...someone would cry foul.

flat broke
    Let's all call a spade a spade. F*ck the 'unauthorized immigrants'.
    THEY ARE F*CKING CRIMINALS!
    Rio
    Couldn't agree more. That is why I busted a gut laughing at the satire of this
    http://www.minutemanproject.com/phot...apr02_0594.jpg
    Chris

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast