Thread: Bought a used Place Diverter. Have some ?'s

Flip
    I went and a bought a used Place Diverter with the hydraulic setup. Got everything mounted, but now I've got a couple of questions since I don't have the paperwork on it.
    1. What holds the reverse "gate" cable in the bracket? I've got two sets of washers and nuts that I think go for that but I'm running the smaller diameter Morse cable. Do you HAVE to run the larger one?
    2. Does anyone have some pics of how they ran the plastic lines through the transom? I've got the lines but nothing for like a "pass through". How do you seal it up where the lines go through?

You have a 33 cable now, but will need a 43BC cable (larger). To route the hydraulic lines thru the transom, use bulkhead connectors.

JESSE
    i would have some lines made if you use the plastic lines they will break
    after a year are two

ck with Rex...(909)392-7300...he has the cable u need for a gd price
    fastrat

Hallett19
    the cable I have had enough slack to run the extra few inches, now with my swimstep I have a slight clearance problem. The diverter came with some little deals to seal the lines, you can order these from Place. I ran the plastic lines, but I guess i'll have to change them if people say they suck...

screamdreambrad
    spend the extra money and buy the braided lines from the cylinder to the bulkheads and then to the pump. best money spent. since this is holding your nozzle in place. had a friend almost crash his boat when then line came off the diverter at 100. threw him and a couple others out

superdave013
    spend the extra money and buy the braided lines from the cylinder to the bulkheads and then to the pump. best money spent. since this is holding your nozzle in place. had a friend almost crash his boat when then line came off the diverter at 100. threw him and a couple others out
    And if you do go the braided line route be sure to get s.s. ends. The braided lines that Place sells are very nice. Teflon inner with a nice stainless braid with POLISHED 100% s.s. ends. Rex and myself buy lines from the same outfit.