Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: De-badge

phebus
    Trying to decide whether or not to remove the stickers and metal tags from the new truck or not. In the past, I have allways removed everything I can, for the cleaner look, but after looking at the pictures others have posted of their trucks, it looks like most everyone else leaves their's on.
    Whatta ya think?
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...500_HD_002.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...500_HD_003.jpg

Jordy
    I pulled everything off mine, door moulding, badges, stickers, even the model stickers behind the back door on the pillar. All gone. Did the same thing on my work truck but left the duramax badge on it.

phebus
    What was the best way to pull the metal badges off? In the past, I have used dental floss pulled behind them, but it left a sticky mess behind them that took a ton of work to get off, even with Goo Gone. I think the tailgate one's are gone for sure. Not sure about the 4X4 decal, or the side badges and LT sticker though. The wife thinks the big 4X4 sticker should go.

Beer-30
    Always.

KROOZIN
    There is a plastic razor blade (sort of) that works well (you can get from a vinyl sign company).
    Also, 3M makes a nylon flap wheel you can put on the end of a drill and it takes all the glue off (from a body shop supply store, if you can't find it at Pepboys).

goneboatin
    I left the door moulding on mine. The body shop that did the work on mine said that it keeps the noise down since the metal is a lighter gauge in these trucks.
    Just a thought.

LAFD
    Take Um Off. Did It To My Truck Looks So Much Better. I Used Fishing Line To Get The Lettering Off And Then Basically Rolled The Sticky Stuff Off With My Finger. And Make Sure It Cold Dont Heat It. Thats What I Did And Was Very Easy.

piper
    All those methods are good, but I use "Goof Off" in stead of goo gone. It seems to work better.

XtrmWakeborder
    Take Um Off. Did It To My Truck Looks So Much Better. I Used Fishing Line To Get The Lettering Off And Then Basically Rolled The Sticky Stuff Off With My Finger. And Make Sure It Cold Dont Heat It. Thats What I Did And Was Very Easy.
    Take it all off. My blazer looks so much better with all of it off. Why shouldnt he heat it though? I used a blow dryer and it worked fine, came right off.

slingingsmoke
    Take em off.
    BTW. What dept. you work for?
    JON.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast