Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: De-badge

THATJEFFGUY
    What was the best way to pull the metal badges off? In the past, I have used dental floss pulled behind them, but it left a sticky mess behind them that took a ton of work to get off, even with Goo Gone. I think the tailgate one's are gone for sure. Not sure about the 4X4 decal, or the side badges and LT sticker though. The wife thinks the big 4X4 sticker should go.
    Strip it all off !! I use a heat gun and a plastic squeegee...then some Acetone to get the glue off. Make sure you buff/wax it afterwards so you can't see when the sun hits it.

slingingsmoke
    watch out with that acetone shizznit...I'd rather get goo be gone and spend the extra time than have a chance to mess up my paint permanently.
    If you can find De-Solv-It at a local supermarket. This works better than anything I have ever used.
    JON.

phebus
    Take em off.
    BTW. What dept. you work for?
    JON.
    Orange County Fire, but I am off with a back injury, and I think my days are over.

Cole Trickle
    Ditch all the molding/badging!
    Jay had my new truck dropped off saturday at 10:30am and by 1:00pm I had the LS badges off and the tailgate completely stripped.
    The side molding will be gone this weekend!! :hammer2:
    All of the above post have bee right on.
    Heat gun/blow dryer
    dental floss/fishing line
    Goof off/cleaner way
    Brandin

phebus
    Took the tailgate badges off. Piece of cake, I had a plastic putty knife that I slid behind them to start it, and then got lucky and pulled them right off with my hand. No sticky or residue was left behind at all, everything came off in one pull.
    Now, trying to decide on the big 4X4 sticker on the rear panel. I think it's next.

piper
    Takes those off too. I did it last night just because we've been talking about it on this post. It was a breeze.

Just Tool'n
    On my 3rd payment of the new truck, dam thing is still bone stock, right down to the stickers & decals.
    Was going to atleast pull off the big 4X4 off the back, but then my 7 year old draws a picture of my new CC D/Max pulling the hot boat with him riding in the back seat right behind dad, he get the picture correct, right down to the 4X4 on the back of the truck.
    He titles the picture Summertime & Hot Boating, now I am kind of partial to that 4x4 sticker on the back, for some sentimental reason.

Wild Twin
    I think they look better off. I took them off my tahoe. They were a pain in the ass to get off. I used goo gone and goof off. They helped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12