Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone good with irrigation . . . .

Lightning
    I turned on the sprinklers the other morning and one side of the system works fine, but the other side barely has any pressure at all, I mean not even enough to pop up the sprinkler heads all the way. I thought that was wierd, let me check it again in a few days. Turned them on this morning and the same thing. I checked to make sure all hoses bibs around the house were turned off (they were) thinking this may be causing a drop in pressure. Anyone have any ideas ? ? ? ?

Man-de-lone
    Might be a break in the lines somewhere causing the loss in pressure. Possibly also something jammed in the valve plugging it up... More likely theres a broken elbow or nipple somewhere..

riverroyal
    turn it on,get a tiny screw driver and turn the set screws on the sprinkler head clockwise to slow the flow on them,,,,this will increase the pressure on the rest,,,,,now go to the ones that arent flowing and turn them counter clockwise,opening them up more,,,,,,you will get wet,its a good 1st step,some how the pressure isnt getting to the other side.....that make since?

Mrs. casean
    See my post on RRL... might help, might not...

Lightning
    turn it on,get a tiny screw driver and turn the set screws on the sprinkler head clockwise to slow the flow on them,,,,this will increase the pressure on the rest,,,,,now go to the ones that arent flowing and turn them counter clockwise,opening them up more,,,,,,you will get wet,its a good 1st step,some how the pressure isnt getting to the other side.....that make since?
    What you're saying makes sense . . . . but there is no significant pressure coming out of these lines.....
    There is two valves, one for the north side of the house and one for the south. The north side works no problem, the south side was working fine and everything was adjusted properly. Turned them off one day and then on the next and now they have what seems like 1/2 the pressure.

Lightning
    Might be a break in the lines somewhere causing the loss in pressure. Possibly also something jammed in the valve plugging it up... More likely theres a broken elbow or nipple somewhere..
    That's what I was thinking (and hoping not) it might be.
    By the way, Devra's client has only the nicest things to say about the work you are doing for her. She is really happy with what you guys have done and said, more or less, you rock!!!

are they on the same valve?

never mind just seen there not.

C-2
    Check the valve itself, make sure it's open (didn't get closed by a dog or something brushing up against it).
    Make sure no water is leaking out of one side of the valve.
    Check to see if you have an inline water pressure regulators - if so, tighten then loosen again.
    The valve itself might have gone bad, they last from 1-4 years IME (I just replaced 4 of them)
    Otherwise you've got a broke sprinkler head somewhere.
    How many sprinklers is the valve driving?

id say it is the valve not getting a signal to open up or plugged.a broken line should show it ugly head unless you live on granite.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast