Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parasail To Back Of Jet Boat

CandyA$$
    I use to pull a kite behind a 1970 Tahiti16'bb427,with the tow hook-up to the engine. Never had any problem with it at all. Couldn't pull the back around either. Don't know if a sail pulls harder. I wouldn't think so, but you can probably pull a parasail in a stonger wind than a kite. Go get it. It's sure worth the ride. Call me ,I'll go!!
    Just a thought here. Do you know what parasailing consist of? It is alot more then a kite. Its a parachute and a person being pulled around in the air behind a boat.
    I would have to try the kite thing though. Interesting.

I watched a 19 ft. jet sink in front of our river house when they tried to do that. It went down so fast it was ridiculous.

CandyA$$
    So that brings us to the question of what kind of boat is going to try this parasailing??

Taylorman
    Read my first post. When i was a kid, my dad owned the boat i have now and he owned a parasail. We had a camp at a river which was about 1/2 mile wide and about 10 miles long. We pulled a parasail nearly every weekend during the summer for the 10 years we had the camp. No one was ever seriously injured. Minor cuts and scraps every once in a while from the not taking off right. Never a problem with the boat either.

CandyA$$
    I think we all have read it, but the question goes out to the guy wanting to buy the parasail package.

szokejohn2
    To everyone for the help.BTW I own a 21ft, 78 sleekcraft jet boat with a Ford 460 high rise manifold,520 cam,12 quart oil pan w/ windage tray,Rewarder over transom headers.I dont think power will be the problem,just worried about the sinking problem.

NELSON#109
    i have a distant relative that does it w/ a 19' jet boat. its a stock keaton (ugly boats) w/ a 460 and a stock berk. he said it was no big deal, but he wouldnt do it unless he had some experienced peps w/ him.... i say do it, ill be ur first victim. nelson#109

CandyA$$
    i say do it, ill be ur first victim. nelson#109
    Wooh we got a brave one here. No matter what make sure you get it on camera. We all what to see that. :2purples:

Read my first post.
    Read it 3 times.. just looks like another reply to me.
    To the guy who started the thread..not anyone else.. hook the sail up and see what happens, let us know.

CandyA$$
    Yes do that but do not forget someone in another boat with a camera!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast