Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parasail To Back Of Jet Boat

Taylorman
    Please read the directions first though.
    You have to have two people on each side holding the sides of the chute open so that when the boat takes off, the chute can grab air. Also, tell the person going up to let the boat pull them. Don't take off running when the boat starts moving. If they do, they will cause slack in the rope and when the boat catches up and pulls the slack out of the rope, they will be eating grass cause it will pull them off their feet. Conversely, don't hold back when the boat starts to pull cause the boat will pull you off your feet and you'll slid on your a**. The way we would do it is we would hook up the person going up and have three other people to assist on the ground. The boat would pull all the slack out of the rope. One person on the ground would hold the rope to get all the slack out. Two people would hold the chute open, one on each side so when the boat takes off, the chute will grab air and open. The boat driver puts a hand up when everyone is ready. The boat driver drops his hand and takes off. When the boat pulls the rider, he/she allows the boat to pull and usually takes just a few steps, the chute fills with air and up you go. Obviously the guy holding the rope needs to run out of the way of the chute. The one accident i can remember is the chute scooped up the guy holding the rope and he went up about 20 feet in the chute and fell out. Luckily he fell out once the chute was over water. Lots of fun. Really easy to do also, just need 3 people on the ground to help on take off.
    Kevin

cole13
    OK, now that we have directions on how to succesfully get this thing in the air. I am going to be at lost lake this weekend, and I really want to try it. Anyone else? We have a little bit bigger boats then Taylor's so I would not be worried about sinking it. This part of the river is perfect. There are minimal trees on the edges and no power lines.
    IF anyone has one and is going to be there please let me know, as this sounds like so much fun.
    ALso Taylor, what would happen if the person in the air, unhooked himself? I know that they would fall, but what happens to the shoot?

CandyA$$
    ALso Taylor, what would happen if the person in the air, unhooked himself? I know that they would fall, but what happens to the shoot?
    My my, what you going to release in the air. Most likely the shoot will float in the air down on top of you,lol.
    I think if I remember, if you release there are 2 ways and things to release from, the rope and the chute. So you best be hopeing you release the right one.

CandyA$$
    Please read the directions first though.
    The one accident i can remember is the chute scooped up the guy holding the rope and he went up about 20 feet in the chute and fell out. Luckily he fell out once the chute was over water. Lots of fun. Really easy to do also, just need 3 people on the ground to help on take off.
    Kevin
    Ok but how do you get them to land without injury???? :notam:

Taylorman
    If the person unhooked himself, refer to Darwins theory. They should die from stupidity. Your attached to the shut by a harness that you put your legs in. It also straps around your waste. You not going to fall out of the chute.
    What would happen to the chute if one does fall out. If there is a wind blowing it would probably stay up by itself. Ive seen on numerous occations where small females weighing just over 100 lbs. could not come down and would just float a few feet above the water cause the wind keeps the chute open and they wont come down.
    Basically when your pulling the parasail the faster you go the higher the chute goes. When your done, you just stop the boat and it comes down. We would usually make a sharp quick turn which puts slack in the rope and allows the chute to come down. When the rider plunges in the water, they unhook themsleves from the harnes and you pull the chute out of the water.
    My dad use to, while pulling us, he would slow down which would allow the chute to come down till our legs would drag in the water then he would hit the gas and the chute would shoot up. Pretty fun and funny to watch people for the first time when we did that.

CandyA$$
    Ok Remember anyone who tries this to have people around to catch the action on camera!! :2purples:

cole13
    Can some one loan me $500.00, and a camera?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Taylorman
    My my, what you going to release in the air. Most likely the shoot will float in the air down on top of you,lol.
    I think if I remember, if you release there are 2 ways and things to release from, the rope and the chute. So you best be hopeing you release the right one.
    You land in the water. When the boat stops, the chute floats down and you land in the water. You cant release yourself from the chute while your in the air. There are two steel buckles that attach the harness to the chute. Some chutes have a quick release that allows you to disconnect the rope from the chute. Its out in front of you so you can release it with your foot.

CandyA$$
    Well their's a clarification.
    Oh my gosh now you going to buy one. Let me know, I am not far from Lost Lake and I will make the trip to be a helper and the camera crew.

Taylorman
    Just make sure you do this in a wide open area. The rope is 200 feet long. You can also double two ropes for 400 feet. Due to this you need plenty of room to turn if you go up and down river. Please don't get close to land. Ive seen someone get pulled behind a truck once. It was some clowns just begging to die.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast