Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parasail To Back Of Jet Boat

CandyA$$
    Please don't get close to land. Ive seen someone get pulled behind a truck once. It was some clowns just begging to die.
    Oooouuuuccchhh! :rollside: :220v:

CandyA$$
    Just make sure you do this in a wide open area. The rope is 200 feet long. You can also double two ropes for 400 feet. Due to this you need plenty of room to turn if you go up and down river. Please don't get close to land. Ive seen someone get pulled behind a truck once. It was some clowns just begging to die.
    Ok you have to go further up river from lost lake to do this cause of the bridge.
    Oh Shiat :2purples: and clunk attached to bridge . lol

Taylorman
    Oooouuuuccchhh! :rollside: :220v:
    I think you misunderstood my post. He didn't get pulled by a truck cause he went to close to land. The clowns actually hooked the parasail up to their truck and pulled it down the levee. Actually it was pretty funny. No one got hurt. The landings are much easier in the water.

cole13
    Ok you have to go further up river from lost lake to do this cause of the bridge.
    Oh Shiat :2purples: and clunk attached to bridge . lol
    I would pull a XXX when we got the bridge and just slide down the rope back into the boat.
    Taylor, seriously how much room do you need to turn. The river down here is at most 100 yards across.

CandyA$$
    Either way I would of hated to see the truck swirve something and down came the person, splat.
    I have down the parasailing out in the ocean in Hawaii for my 13th b-day. So I did not remember all the details.
    I was the thrill of my life. I want to get my family to try it someday. SO Cole13 if you try this and are close enough I would love to come and help out and catch it all on camera.

Taylorman
    I would pull a XXX when we got the bridge and just slide down the rope back into the boat.
    Taylor, seriously how much room do you need to turn. The river down here is at most 100 yards across.
    Wow thats a little tight. I wouldn't try with that narrow of a river. The river here where we parasailed was about 1/2 miles wide. I'd say you need, oh i guess about, i don't know.............................................
    A few hundred yards for sure. You cant just turn it on a dime. Remember its 200 yds behind the boat so you have to make a wide turn with it. Also wind plays a part in determining how much room you need to turn it. I for sure would not try it with just 100 yds. You could do it just going one way if it were a little wider.

CandyA$$
    Dang, I guess maybe you have to go to Havasu, but on an off day and definately not a holiday weekend. Oh wait you might even be able to try Lake Powell, never been but heard it is huge.

szokejohn2
    Just checked on Ebay on that parasail.Looks like the bidding is up to 560.00,people must want this thing really bad,or its an expensive item.love to get it by next weekend.Unfortunatly we have a hurrican comming up this weekend.Cant get a beak on the weather,almost every weekend its been aufull I'll just keep looking on ebay till I find one that i can afford..

CandyA$$
    That one on ebay you can buy right now and you can bid on a used unit for another price. Which seems to be higher then the buy right now one.
    That is something.

shootingstar72683
    Iwas just browsing on Ebay and I saw a parasail for sail.The thought occoured to me ,what if I put a parasail on the back of my jet boat.It would certainly pull the person up,but would the transom be strong enough to withstand the pull of a sail. They claim you need a boat capible of towing 12000 lbs of transom strength.
    Well the only way you have a good chance at sinking the boat is if you continue to pull the kite /dail /chute after it hits the water. The rider doesn't like it too much either. The kite sure is alot easier. Goes up with skies on and lands with skies on{sometimes},longer the rope ,higher you go. If you got a jetboat,and it's having trouble getting it up. Put a V-8 in it!! It does take a little more ability to fly a kite than a parasail, depending on the type of kite or glider your pulling. We had a great time with it for 2yr until a crash that broke the main support beam and tore the sail bad. Neve fixed it, and it became a kids tent. BECAREFUL of low bridges.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast