Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't Tom Brown drive a

Blown 472
    You old guys could be on to something. Pretty soon you might see a shit load of ricers flooding that one gas pump (diesel) at the gas station.
    old guys?? and you are what 13?

hoolign
    Tom ..try painting some flames on the trunk!..should be good for another 10 HP

dmontzsta
    old guys?? and you are what 13?

Blown 472
    news flash, imports and that crap are for high skool dorks, bout time you grow up

dmontzsta
    news flash, imports and that crap are for high skool dorks, bout time you grow up
    oh really? damn, those dudes that are like 30-40 I know must be high school dorks, what are they thinking.

HM
    I've often wondered why you couldn't use diesel to improve the octane of gas. I assume they don't mix well but they're both distilates of petrolium so...
    An old school trick, back when leaded premium was around, was mixing Super Leaded and Super Unleaded with a splash of diesel for high compression.
    The super leaded gave the lubrication for the valves, but the super unleaded is a higher quality gasoline than its leaded sister and this mixture was good for a point spike in octane and the diesel helped with predetonation. I had a 12:1 2180 VW motor, and that combo worked at reducing pinging knocking, but was a pain. I would go 5 gallons on both unleaded and leaded and then a quart of diesel. Occasionally I threw in a quart of 2 stroke oil or Marvel Mystery Oil - but the diesel seemed to work better. I finally blew that motor up and rebuilt it at 9:1. Aside from the machining, I did all the work myself. Working on v-8's is cake compared to a split case air cooled engine.

Blown 472
    An old school trick, back when leaded premium was around, was mixing Super Leaded and Super Unleaded with a splash of diesel for high compression.
    The super leaded gave the lubrication for the valves, but the super unleaded is a higher quality gasoline than its leaded sister and this mixture was good for a point spike in octane and the diesel helped with predetonation. I had a 12:1 2180 VW motor, and that combo worked at reducing pinging knocking, but was a pain. I would go 5 gallons on both unleaded and leaded and then a quart of diesel. Occasionally I threw in a quart of 2 stroke oil or Marvel Mystery Oil - but the diesel seemed to work better. I finally blew that motor up and rebuilt it at 9:1. Aside from the machining, I did all the work myself. Working on v-8's is cake compared to a split case air cooled engine.
    You didn't just write a check??? strange.

HM
    You didn't just write a check??? strange.
    LOL....no, that came much later. And, I probably shouldn't write too many checks right now. My new business start-up has cleaned me out! Got in a little over my head on this one, but we are pulling out of the woods this month. Came real close to kissing everything goodbye! :mix:
    don't worry, in a few months, I will be back to bragging about making money while I sleep.

Blown 472
    LOL....no, that came much later. And, I probably shouldn't write too many checks right now. My new business start-up has cleaned me out! Got in a little over my head on this one, but we are pulling out of the woods this month. Came real close to kissing everything goodbye! :mix:
    don't worry, in a few months, I will be back to bragging about making money while I sleep.
    fingers and toes crossed, all ready got the eyes.

hondajoey
    Red or "Dyed" Diesel is for Off Road equipment or anything that is not on public roads.
    p.s that is a sweet tow rig that should be in the tow rig forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast