Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Too far?

Tom Brown
    Seems it all about how much "stuff" you got for many these days, how much you can drink and live to tell about it, and not a whole lot else.
    I don't disagree with any of what has been said. I don't know the lifestyle that has been described but I've seen some of it and the description sounds accurate in many cases, from my perspective.
    What I'd like to point out is that I have been pretty open about my lack of pimp possessions. My car is 11 years old, my boat is 28 years old, and my house is not worth anything like a million US dollars (although it's reasonably nice for my area). My Dad and I have worked hard to fix up an old cottage, build a new cottage, build a shop, restore a few boats, and just generally improve our lives. We love to fix stuff and build stuff. My job may be white collar but I'm definitely blue collar, class wise.
    Despite the rather modest net worth of my publicly known possessions, I feel people have accepted me and perhaps even enjoy my company. It has been humbling to hear how many people want to meet me when I get to that area again.
    I'm sure some of the people I consider online friends are financially over extended spouse swappers but it's not for me to judge them. If I want them to accept me into their group, I feel it's important that I accept them as people without judging their lifestyle choices.

Her454
    Im not judging anyone, but I certainly plan on keeping a close watch on my dog next time Im in Havi. :hammer2: ...........

HM
    You know, something happens to these people down here when they turn 30. When we hit it, we looked around and discovered that many of our friends were swingers. and that the women were having fun with each other while the guys were out Jeepin' on night runs and the kids were asleep. Basically, we got new friends. But we found out that many of our new friends had witnessed the same thing. I don't know if it's the area, age, or what.
    Obviously, there is a handful of men who get off on having other men check their wives out. Same kind of men who brag about their new trucks, lexus' , corvettes, and boats. And I'm sure you are aware, since you are an intelligent person (sick and twisted, but intelligent ) that those who do the biggest bragging about stuff like that, usually don't own any of it, wives not to be excluded.
    To answer your basic question, they don't all do that. But many do. It's that so cal, "look what I have" mentality. It goes on a lot at certain areas of Havasu. Not so much at Mohave, but it appears they are visiting us more and more.
    Good post....and I think your parties are too crazy!!!
    All those guys are upgrading to bigger and bigger boats....all financed and blingin'. Pissing their retirement away on payments. Financing a boat is really a bad idea...financing a massively depreciating asset. Many have leveraged out their homes, and may even have a lower "payment" but are paying for it for the next 30 years to life. And I am assuming the comment about the women was the financing of the boobies.
    Havasu and Parker are like that (or constantly have groups of people like that) almost 24/7. And most have a "this is the river...you don't like it, don't come" attitude. I reported a group of boats last time at the river and they almost got hit with exposing themselve to children (what that is technically called). Mohave around Katherines is getting a regular crowd - but Mohave has so little amenities on the water and already huge lines, that it probably won't get much worse than it is now.
    Isn't there a rap song "You can't make a ho a house wife?"
    And the whole "dog" incident...wel judging by the poll I posted, it is a landslide that people are really bothered by it.

Tom Brown
    Im not judging anyone, but I certainly plan on keeping a close watch on my dog next time Im in Havi. :hammer2: ...........
    LMAO!

lucky
    your all haters

the beer is on me when we meet,

Sounds a little kinky.
    Welcome back to ***boat T

Tom Brown
    Tom, dont be a hater just because Topless dumped you for that Relationship challenged, undecisive Ratso.
    :hammer2:
    He may be relationship challenged and undecisive but he really puts out. http://www2.***boat.com/ubb/icons/icon14.gif

HM
    What I'd like to point out is that I have been pretty open about my lack of pimp possessions. My car is 11 years old, my boat is 28 years old, and my house is not worth anything like a million US dollars (although it's reasonably nice for my area). My Dad and I have worked hard to fix up an old cottage, build a new cottage, build a shop, restore a few boats, and just generally improve our lives. We love to fix stuff and build stuff. My job may be white collar but I'm definitely blue collar, class wise.

Tom, I started my own Mortgage Brokerage and Insurance Agency with a focus on financial planning, and can tell you I have learned a LOT about most of the people with all the bling bling shit that just begs to be noticed.....most of them are leveraged...and leveraged hard. The guys with the most money almost never look like they have money - don't talk like they have money - don't act like they have money - and will actually deny they have money!!!
    The people in the middle and upper middle class get sucked into keeping up with the jones. And it is so easy and so wide spread that people don't even think about it. They can afford the payments. It is all about payments. Some laws changed this year regarding people going b.k. - basically allowing people to get protection, but not escape the debt - especially if heavy credit card debt is involved.
    I have seen a huge gap in financial stability between the people who are already retired and people who are approaching retirement age (baby boomers). I have sat down with more people than I really want to acknowlege that are farther away from being able to retire than an 18 year old high school graduate. They have no assets....bought cheap term life insurance policies when they were younger that are now non-renewable and they can't get whole life because they are too old (atleast a policy that would cover more than their funeral).
    Look at the BR...all acting like serious....and shit.

hey thanks for getting my exhaust hose to me when you guys said you would.
    You're welcome thanx for the biz. :smile:

Look at the BR...all acting like serious....and shit.
    Who'd a thought? BR=Life lessons and financial planning. Sandbar=whackin the dog off. The evolution of the ***boat forums is quite amazing. :smile:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast