Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Neighbor advise

Outnumbered
    My neighbor has three dogs and does not pick up the shit. We have an HOA. Its a nice area and most peeps are pretty cool. We'll this guy is a renter and we get along fine. I want to ask him to pick up the shit cause of the occasional smell when the wind is blowing right and the flys. Its pissing me off pretty bad. But the wife wants me to just call the HOA cause I pissed off the other neighbor who leaves his 1 year old Golden Retriever in a focking crate all day in his garage barking and whining to get out while he's at work. Dog is going to be a mental case before its 2. I just asked the guy if he could let his dog out and now he's gotta grudge against me.
    Anyway, what would you do?
    Thanks

Sleek-Jet
    If he's a renter, call the prop. manegment company or prop. owner... most have a one stike policy. The guy could be gone soon if you do...

Outnumbered
    If he's a renter, call the prop. manegment company or prop. owner... most have a one stike policy. The guy could be gone soon if you do...
    The kicker is that he rents from his best friend who also stays there time to time.

totenhosen
    What do the HOA CC&R's say about it as far as nuisance guidelines? It's a tough call but what thats what the HOA is for.
    Is the garage at least air conditioned. That dog is going to die in the garage.

Outnumbered
    What do the HOA CC&R's say about it as far as nuisance guidelines? It's a tough call but what thats what the HOA is for.
    Is the garage at least air conditioned. That dog is going to die in the garage.
    Thats is kinda the catch-22. They (HOA-CCRS) are not real clear and may not have much power. So if I go that route and it does not work then the guy will know I tried to throw him under the bus and prolly will be pissed at me if I ask him to clean it up after the HOA has no effect.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
    Let the hoa take care of it and in the mean time put it on his porch when he's not lookimg. He will get the hint.

Sleek-Jet
    Animal control maybe??? He's allready pissed at you, so he's gonna know who called the doggy cops, but they might be able to confiscate the dogs/or fine his ass if he doesn't take care of the "shit"...
    My brother and I are having the same problems with a nieghbor and his out of control Rots right now. I can sympathies... :hammerhea

Throttle
    If the crap still ends up in your yard, scoop it up on leave it on his door step with a note - dear owner, scoop up after your dog and get OUTA here!

Outnumbered
    Animal control maybe??? He's allready pissed at you, so he's gonna know who called the doggy cops, but they might be able to confiscate the dogs/or fine his ass if he doesn't take care of the "shit"...
    My brother and I are having the same problems with a nieghbor and his out of control Rots right now. I can sympathies... :hammerhea
    No, this guy is not pissed at me. We get along fine.
    The other neighbor who locks his full grown dog in a crate in his garage in the AZ heat is pissed at me. But we were buds before the dog in the crate thing. I was pretty cool when I talked to him about it and he just snapped.
    But animal control may be a good idea.
    Thanks

burtandnancy
    call the HOA management, you don't need to creat the bad feelings. Unfortunately, some HOA's don't have much teeth and if the renter decides not to comply theres not much they can do. Then it drops back in your lap to handle the situation. When HOA's don't do their job, its costs you in the long run as your property values aren't maintained as they should. Good luck

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast