Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Can Mastercraft be a hot boat ?

Ducatista
    I got a chance to drive my friends new Mastercraft X-80 last weekend, and it was definitely "hot" as boats go. I know it's apples and oranges, not a custom, but still an awesome boat in it's class. It had a 450hp 8.1 Vortec, billet sh!t everywhere, trick lights & stereo & tower, perfect pass cruise control, hugh teak swim platform, enclosed head w/hot water, room for 15 people for gods sake....frickin awesome. Hell, the top speed was 50mpg I would guess, but they are not made for that. It seemed like an awesome boat for what it was designed to do...way "hot" in my book. The cost was about the same as many of your 28ft customs with a nice motor. I was very impressed with this boat, if that is what you want for your needs, which makes it a ***boat IMO. Here is a pic from their website of what this baby looks like....a frickin 28ft wake boarding boat...holy crap watch out freeboard challenged boats!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...024_x80_1_.jpg

Brian Ray
    Well, we just bought this....no tower as I'm not into the whole wakeboarding thing.
    http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...cture_1071.jpg

HM
    Spend the money on an performance boat with a tower.
    The Mastercrafts are pretty cool, but if you are not using them for skiing/wake boarding, then you will be not happy with speed (lack of) or ride (rougher than shit). And for the money they get for the Mastercraft...get an Ultra or similar. You will go faster, better ride, have all the same amenities and be happier in general.
    My father-in-law bought the Mastercraft 205 prostar sammy duvall edition with the corvette small block - and he wants to know why it only goes 48 MPH with the high performance engine? These boats are designed for 36 MPH and less...the faster you try to go...the wetter the hull gets.

Chase
    Here is my opinion....
    Any boat is a hot boat......if in the owners eyes it is!!!!
    everyone will have a diffrent opinion on what a "***boat" is, so I think if you have a boat and figure it is a hot boat then it is.........

ptboat
    Guys, this is so cool. I am going to print this thread out and show it to my wife. I might be sleeping on a couch but who care, I get to have my 21' schiada. And you know which one I am talking about right ?
    Alex.

lucky
    i STILL REFUSE TO RIDE IN WAKE BOARD BOATS !!!!!!! YEA BUY AN ULTRA - IT AT LEAST DOES 60 WITH MINUMUM POWER - i SAY BUY THE BOAT YOU WANT AND TRADE IN THE WIFE -- SPOT WILL FILL FAST !
    ( GLAD MY WIFE DOESN'T HAVE A PUTER ) LOL

Kilrtoy
    Sure it can be a hot boat,
    if you get dark colors and let it sit in the sun a while and then touch it... It will be HOT

HM
    Guys, this is so cool. I am going to print this thread out and show it to my wife. I might be sleeping on a couch but who care, I get to have my 21' schiada. And you know which one I am talking about right ?
    Alex.
    Don't put a tower on that Schiada! :hammerhea :hammerhea

RiverDave
    Guys,
    If I slap on a couple flames and pimp it up a little bit. Would it consider a Hot Boat ? Cause my wife wants a Mastercraft with 350 horse and I want a Schiada with 900 horse. I think she is winning the war. :cry:
    Alex.
    Man I'm just giving out all kinds of advice today... Here's what you do to solve that problem.. Take her out to the lake on a nice windy day. (nice and choppy) Take her out in one tournament boat.. She's going to get tired of her boobs bouncing off her chin in about 2 seconds flat. Then take her out in a Schiada and she'll see the light.
    RD

Tom Brown
    Man I'm just giving out all kinds of advice today...
    What Dave is saying is... Yes, a Mastercraft can be a ***boat if you install a Cutting Edge Marine battery bracket.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast