Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is any one going 31 miles north

cole13
    of Blythe to that rock bottom river that you can not drive on? I will be out there with a buddy in his Hallett (Red, with yellows and white). stop and say hi! It would be great to put some faces with the posts!!!
    Jeremy

460 jus getn it
    cole when are you comming out to the local lakes?

cole13
    OK long story short. My wife and I are having twins. She is due anytime now. The only reason I am going to the river this weekend is to hook up with my buddy who is bringing down the cribs that we ordered. So I am pretty much out for the rest of the summer.
    She was not supposed to have the kids until August, well that was the plan, but low and behold you can not plan everything and she started having pre-term labor. And it basically cut this year out. It sucks because we had it planned perfect, have the babies in Aug. Wait till they are 8 or 9 months old and take them to the river, without skipping a beat.
    I am however planning a boys trip, after the babies are born. Because they are coming early they are most likely going to be in the NICU for a couple of weeks. So I consulted with my wife, and she said during that time, since they will be in the hospital I can take a two days and go out.

460 jus getn it
    OK long story short. My wife and I are having twins. She is due anytime now. The only reason I am going to the river this weekend is to hook up with my buddy who is bringing down the cribs that we ordered. So I am pretty much out for the rest of the summer.
    She was not supposed to have the kids until August, well that was the plan, but low and behold you can not plan everything and she started having pre-term labor. And it basically cut this year out. It sucks because we had it planned perfect, have the babies in Aug. Wait till they are 8 or 9 months old and take them to the river, without skipping a beat.
    I am however planning a boys trip, after the babies are born. Because they are coming early they are most likely going to be in the NICU for a couple of weeks. So I consulted with my wife, and she said during that time, since they will be in the hospital I can take a two days and go out.
    thats cool. cole hope everything goes well with the twins. congrats and see u at the lake

cole13
    If it were up to me, she would have the babies on the deck of the boat. But she does not like that idea.

Jetmugg
    I was actually on my way to the Mississippi River Roost in 2001, when my wife went into labor. I was about 6 hours from home, with my 19' CP Gullwing on the trailer behind my truck when I got the phone call. I immediately turned the rig around, and got to the hospital about 8:30 pm. I left the truck and boat in the parking lot at the hospital.
    My son was born at 11:15 that night, overlooking the Gullwing. It was a beautiful day.
    SteveM.

9er
    We're up that way but I'm not sure about a rock bottom river. (maybe I should!)
    There is a rock bar up by us where I saw a guy tear his pump off a couple weeks ago. But no other hazzards.
    Either way, we're about 7 miles down from the bridge into Parker. Black and Blue Carrera.
    Leaving tomorrow!!!!

n8dawg
    just wanted to say that the water at Lost Lake is NOT high performance anymore! Back to that waiting game... thank god for biscuitts and gravy!
    Up river is real nice ! Later I have to work night shift tonight.

cole13
    just wanted to say that the water at Lost Lake is NOT high performance anymore! Back to that waiting game... thank god for biscuitts and gravy!
    Up river is real nice ! Later I have to work night shift tonight.
    N8, that is what I heard as well. And we have to go up river, we are meeting that guy we know in BR to help him clean out his inlet. I guess with all the rains, it filled up his inlet and he can use the launch ramp. It should be pretty interesting, he has a dredging machine that is going to come in and move all of the debris.

shootingstar72683
    :smile: What a nice wife. Better be nice to her fer sure!OK long story short. My wife and I are having twins. She is due anytime now. The only reason I am going to the river this weekend is to hook up with my buddy who is bringing down the cribs that we ordered. So I am pretty much out for the rest of the summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast