Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: oil pressure drops on accell

ezstriper
    Ran my B/B chevy a little at the end of last year to get some shake down time on it, had a few issues, but the one that baffles me was loss of oil pressure on accell, like sucking the pan dry, let off throttle would return to 70-80, nail it, drop to almost nothing. Engine has a milodon long pan, w/2 trap doors and matching pickup, pump apears to be a melling high volume, pulled engine and have heads and pan off now, everything looks good, any ideas ? thanks Rob...

Don't remember if there's a trap door problem with the Milodon, but one thing to check is the clearance between the pickup and the bottom of the pan. On my BBF with a Dooley, I have 3/8" clearance. Too little, and the pickup can't pull the volume on accel.

Wicked Performance Boats
    ezstriper, If your oil pressure is going away on acceleration,your boats too fast!!! Retard the timing and screw a wood block under the gas pedal! j/k Budlight

Brooski
    ezstriper, If your oil pressure is going away on acceleration,your boats too fast!!! Retard the timing and screw a wood block under the gas pedal! j/k Budlight
    lmao.... Now that there is funny, I dont care who you are....

Wicked Performance Boats
    brookski, when are ya going to the river again. Budlight :devil:

BK
    Are you running a windage tray?

Wicked Performance Boats
    Milodon windage tray attachs in pan. Budlight

Brooski
    brookski, when are ya going to the river again. Budlight :devil:
    I would like to make another trip out there soon, but it probably will be in August for the Beach Bash. You never know, though.....My boat misses yours, they got so close the last time.....lol :rollside:

blowngas
    titan oil pumps had an article in one of their flyers how blow by in BB Chevys limit oil returning back to the pan----one of their fixes is an equalizing line, (hose, rubber or braided) from the top front of the valve cover, down to the fuel pump block off plate (you can only do this if you are not running a mechanical pump)----also noted was that when screens were epoxied over the long holes over the cam, the oil flow down to the pan was hampered even more---could be some of your problem---usually pressure drop is on the shutdown when oil wants to run to the front of the motor, even with trapdoors, and not on acceleration

RCB19
    My 2cts... Get rid of that Milodon. Save yourself the headache. Had one years ago & had nothing but problems with it. Very poor design. Dan Olson Racing Products makes a excellent pan for Marine apps. Well worth the $$$ & not much more than you would spend for a new Milodon setup.
    http://www.olsonmotorsports.com/mainpage/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast