Thread: My New Projects

BADBLOWN572
    Anyone know of someone who is good at calculating and setting up a direct drive / V drive? I have a couple of unique projects that I need help setting up the initial boat. Can anyone recommend someone who knows how to set the strut, down tube, etc...? I can do everything from that point on, just never setup a V drive or direct drive before.
    Danny
    BB572
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3038/1598WOOD2.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...59828_side.jpg

jackpunx
    I know someone who can do all the work.. just need to find someone to set it up

VD CRUISER
    Man thats a cool looking boat.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Since your in Santa Ana maybe Wilkes Marine.

BADBLOWN572
    Since your in Santa Ana maybe Wilkes Marine.
    What I am looking for is someone who can show me how it is done not simply do it for me. I want to learn how to do it so I can do it myself on future projects. I have been rigging boats for the past 5 years so I do just fine on the assembly part just never setup a V drive or direct drive before. Once I get the first one or two done, I will be setup and do it myself in the future. I already have a shop to do it in and prefer to do it myself, with someone showing me how it is done.

Community
    Danny,
    I got a Tige you can look at - direct drive with a velvet drive tranny. Probably not the high-end install you are looking for though. May help with what angle to go with.
    Gary

superdave013
    Dave Sammonds is your man.
    His screen name here is Dave Sammonds
    Art Anderson (gofastracer) did a nice write up you should also check out.
    http://www.v-driveboat.com/showthrea...&threadid=1568

Hustler
    Danny, I know there are a few guys up in Tahoe that rebuild those boats. I'm sure you could pay one to come down and help you so you could learn how they were set up. just an idea. I wish you guys the best on those boats, I would love to see one up close.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    What I am looking for is someone who can show me how it is done not simply do it for me. I want to learn how to do it so I can do it myself on future projects. I have been rigging boats for the past 5 years so I do just fine on the assembly part just never setup a V drive or direct drive before. Once I get the first one or two done, I will be setup and do it myself in the future. I already have a shop to do it in and prefer to do it myself, with someone showing me how it is done.
    There are lots of people that can show you how to do this including Jim Wilkes. Dave Sammonds is in San Diego, Art Anderson is in Arizona and Jim Wilkes is 5 minutes away. Good luck