Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my RE subs!!!

BOBALOO
    The UPS guy dropped off 2 12" Resonant Engineering sx subs today and I cant wait to get these things installed and start "breaking" them in. I bet my neighbors cant wait either.
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...8RE_basket.jpg
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data...RE_basket2.jpg
    These things weigh a ton and are built to the hilt. I might need MORE POWER grrr grrr grrr. oops..... maybe I should not make dog noises this week. :hammerhea
    I have to give a big thank you to STV Keith for hooking a brother up.

Phat Matt
    They look pretty sweet. Why don't you get the new Hifonics XX Hercules? You'll get 2000w rms @ 1 ohm. I think that is what I am going to end up with. You can get them on Ebay for around $500. Cheaper than the JL 1000/1 I was planning on and I get twice the power. It's probably not as clean as the JL but fuggit, I'll get 1000w to each sub. It should sound just fine.

NOTALENT
    wow..those are some beasts...mind if we ask price?? I remember STV showing a while ago..but cant remember...

STV_Keith
    They sell for $275 each normally.

ROZ
    Cheaper than the JL 1000/1 I was planning on and I get twice the power. It's probably not as clean as the JL but fuggit, I'll get 1000w to each sub. It should sound just fine.
    This is like the guy in Rancho Santa Fe who runs Realistic/Optimus home theater(built in) in his 4 million dollar house....
    I hear the GT4 comes with a Sparkwood stereo, too!!!

Beer-30
    Maybe 2K peak of the peak of the peak. You get what you pay for.

Phat Matt
    This is like the guy in Rancho Santa Fe who runs Realistic/Optimus home theater(built in) in his 4 million dollar house....
    I hear the GT4 comes with a Sparkwood stereo, too!!!

So now I need to get 2 JL 1000's? This fuggen thing is getting expensive.

mbrown2
    So now I need to get 2 JL 1000's? This fuggen thing is getting expensive.
    Why half step now....and pay later.....Zapco, JL, PG, or better....Don't fret over a 1,000 diff in amps with a 100,000+ boat

Beer-30
    For the subs, I would probably stick with the JL. Decent power, decent price.
    Put one to them for now. See how they work, break them in.
    If you need more, move that one to one of the subs and add one more.

Phat Matt
    Why half step now....and pay later.....Zapco, JL, PG, or better....Don't fret over a 1,000 diff in amps with a 100,000+ boat
    Yeah I know. I still am going with 2 JL 300/4 and was planning on 1 JL 1000 but it seems a lot of the competition SPL guys think the XX Hifonics line is pretty good.
    My thoughts were keeping the mids and highs loud and clear and throwing some watts to the subs if I go with the IDMAX's.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast