Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got my RE subs!!!

ROZ
    That's a lont of speakers up front and in the mid section, but what about the back of the boat? Are you going to have the upholstery shop put the 3.5's irecessed inside the seats so a flush upholstered grill can be used?

Phat Matt
    That's a lont of speakers up front and in the mid section, but what about the back of the boat? Are you going to have the upholstery shop put the 3.5's irecessed inside the seats so a flush upholstered grill can be used?
    The back is a problem. That why the 3.5's will be shooting back. I am going to have them built into the seats so they are flush. It's a custom boat right? I figure if it's white there I'll have something made like a home speaker that is removeable in white. I may be able to move the middle 6x9's to the rear/side, but I am not sure yet. I can't put them into the very back facing forward becuase I am having the back seat built into an icechest.
    http://www.eticketboats.com/luxury_c...-Images/41.jpg
    What do you think?

Beer-30
    I don't think you are going for SPL but more SQ (even with the bass)....I am not saying sink idiot money into the system, but just don't cut corners..What you have is going to sound real good.
    I will be upgrading my (1) 12W6 and 600x1 PG in the Malibu soon.....thinking 1200PG with (1) 13.6W7 in slot loaded enclosure....need more bass to keep up with the NVS tower..
    I have been considering the PG amps. Curious about heat. Is the 600 you have fan cooled? If so, does it hold up out there in the heat or does it shut down?

ROZ
    The back is a problem. That why the 3.5's will be shooting back. I am going to have them built into the seats so they are flush. It's a custom boat right? I figure if it's white there I'll have something made like a home speaker that is removeable in white. I may be able to move the middle 6x9's to the rear/side, but I am not sure yet. I can't put them into the very back facing forward becuase I am having the back seat built into an icechest.
    http://www.eticketboats.com/luxury_c...-Images/41.jpg
    What do you think?
    No cupholder pod anywhere back there you can have enlarged(to fit 40oz's ) a pair of speakers into? I thought it was custom...

mbrown2
    I have been considering the PG amps. Curious about heat. Is the 600 you have fan cooled? If so, does it hold up out there in the heat or does it shut down?
    Has not shut down yet....they have internal fans...I don't even have external on them....much better cooling properties then my 1500BD Rockford with external fans on it...

mbrown2
    Matt,
    Not sure about how to get more sound in back without having more pics of the back...maybe you can do 6x9's under the hatch (ala Boatfloating)....if you really want to project...
    I would really think at least doing a sealed enclosure for the subs...IB is simple, but I have never been impressed with the deep bass you get from some the IB setups...
    Have you heard 3.5's in a boat setup? Wondering how much they will really give you out on the lake with all of the ambient noise..

BOBALOO
    Well, the initial driveway testing is done on the RE SX12's and the verdict is in. (unlike the MJ trial)
    These subs kick AZZ...
    They kind of make my eyes do this :messedup: when the bass hits and they still need to loosen up I'm sure. I had to re adjust my whole amp gain setup and my neighbor across the street said I was rattling the plates in her china cabinet.
    I dont know if I have heard the JL 12's at the river or not but I think that the RE's will hang with them for sure. I still feel for the money the Comp VR's are an excellent sub for someone on a budget but for the power levels I am giving 2 12's (1500W max) they are just getting smoked (literally).
    I would buy the RE's again in a heartbeat and for a budget system like mine they fit the bill better than alot of the more expensive subs out there.
    If I could build a new boat like Matt I would be out of control. It would go something like this.
    ME....Lets see, we dont really need a passenger seat do we? I think a couple 15" subs will fit there better.
    Ang...You are stupid
    ME....Yeah I know but isn't that a great idea? What about getting outboards so the generator and batteries will have more room?
    Ang...why dont you just leave the engines off and we can get Vessel Assist to tow us around.
    Me..... I like where you're going with this.
    Actual quote heard 3 weeks ago after I smoked another sub
    " cant we just take ALL the stereo stuff out of the boat? I'm tired of it."

Havasu Hangin'
    "cant we just take ALL the stereo stuff out of the boat? I'm tired of it."
    Congrats.
    Now, as your hearing gets worse, you'll have to keep upgrading. It's a disease my friend...and there is no cure to date.
    Hello...my name is HH, and I'm an audioaholic.

Phat Matt
    Congrats.
    Now, as your hearing gets worse, you'll have to keep upgrading. It's a disease my friend...and there is no cure to date.
    Hello...my name is HH, and I'm an audioaholic.

It's never ending isn't it? But I love it! Especially when I am anchored in a cove floating in the water, drinking a beer and listening to some good music!

Phat Matt
    So MBrown, would you say you are a fan of the PG Xenon 1200.1? I think a couple of those might work out well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast