Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need info on Hawaiin Day Cruiser

captainpete
    Hello all: I am a marine surveyor who has been asked to provide a value opinion on a 1982, 28' Hawaiian day cruiser, 7.4 Liter to a Berkely Jet. I have tried to find the status of this builder and comparable sales. Does anyone know that status. Also, in view of the limited listings available, what do you folks who live in the hot boat world feel a comparable manufacturer would be, especially for early 1980s vintage boats of this sort. The boat looks a lot like a Hallet to me, but I am not sure if it is of that quality.
    Feel free to e mail me. captainpete@gci.net
    Thanks

Havasu Hangin'
    In my (unprofessional) opinion, that boat probably would have been similar to a Sleekcraft or Campbell daycruiser...of that era.
    I think Hawaiian (the name anyway) is still in business in Norco?

Mrs. casean
    In my (unprofessional) opinion, that boat probably would have been similar to a Sleekcraft or Campbell daycruiser...of that era.
    I think Hawaiian (the name anyway) is still in business in Norco?
    They are still in the I.E... not sure if it's considered Norco or Corona right there though, off the 15 just north of the 91 I think...

HPB
    here is there website complete with address and Phone Number http://www.hawaiianpowerboats.com/

Raisin Wake
    Main St. just south of Hidden Valley. I think it's Corona.

bigkatboat
    If that thing looks like a "Hallett" to you, then YOU are no surveyor. I am no fan of Hallett, but to compare them leads me to believe that you are not what you say you are. Why not just ask your question with 'the truth' and not show your lack of boat knowledge.

moneypit
    If that thing looks like a "Hallett" to you, then YOU are no surveyor. I am no fan of Hallett, but to compare them leads me to believe that you are not what you say you are. Why not just ask your question with 'the truth' and not show your lack of boat knowledge.
    WOW... Tell it like it is... Something we should know about?

RiverToysJas
    My first boat was a '76 Hawaiian! I'm no expert, but I play one on the internet.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Hallett made boats of that size in that era. Not until the mid-late 80's. I know they had a 26 then. I didn't know Hawaiian had a 28'er then either though, yet it seems they did - so I'm probably wrong about Hallett too. I know in the mid-90s Wayne King (then owner of "Team Hawaiian" - there are probably new owners now, under the name Hawaiian Power Boats) had a 28 that they put a single jetdrive in. Hot Boat gave it a less than glowing review (to say the least), law suits arose, and Hawaiian has not been featured in Hot Boat since.
    The late 70's Hawaiian 26 looked much like a Nordic or Sleek IMO, like I said, I'm not familular with a 28'. Either of those would be a good comparison. I think Campbell is a notch up, but I'm biased towards Campbell.
    RTJas

Outnumbered
    My first boat was a '76 Hawaiian! I'm no expert, but I play one on the internet.
    I could be wrong, but I don't think Hallett made boats of that size in that era. Not until the mid-late 80's. I know they had a 26 then. I didn't know Hawaiian had a 28'er then either though, yet it seems they did - so I'm probably wrong about Hallett too. I know in the mid-90s Wayne King (then owner of "Team Hawaiian" - there are probably new owners now, under the name Hawaiian Power Boats) had a 28 that they put a single jetdrive in. Hot Boat gave it a less than glowing review (to say the least), law suits arose, and Hawaiian has not been featured in Hot Boat since.
    The late 70's Hawaiian 26 looked much like a Nordic or Sleek IMO, like I said, I'm not familular with a 28'. Either of those would be a good comparison. I think Campbell is a notch up, but I'm biased towards Campbell.
    RTJas
    Ahhh, thanks for the history. That explains why all boats "evaluated" now by HB mag get two thumbs up. Kind of a joke if you ask me. It would be nice for the mags to be able to write their opinion about the pros and cons of a boat and not have to worry about getting sued.
    Thanks Jas

BiggusJimbus
    I think Old Rigger may be the man for this question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast