Thread: sanger paint ?

konajet
    anybody got any pics of some classics paint job on some of the old sangers
    trying to do something old with some new spice. any sugestions are good too. just brain storming
    thanks

infotraker
    I recently got the 77 pickle painted, followed the original design somewhat but with different colors. Since it is a pickle a flat design will be diff. Canyon boats in Lodi Ca did the great job.

DUECE'SDAD
    I just asked the same question recently and got no response, so im wingin' it. I am a painter by trade, but its hard to paint a cool 70s paint job when you were born in the 80's but i found a few old paint jobs in the ***boat pics. Also i looked at alotta old hot rod magazines and found styles i liked and transferred. Mine is a hydro also so there are alotta step ups/downs so its great for panneling. I wish there was some type of sanger archive where you could see factory paint/gelcoat schemes. A guy that i met one time was a sanger dealer from 69 to 81 or so and i seen some original sales brochures but i never had time to get back over there and check them out, They were cool, they showd all the models, what you could get and how much, Those would be helpful for factory paint schemes. Mine was red flake with yellow and orange stripes on the body lines.

coolchange
    Tape shades. Lots of them. Gold base with red tape fades. Silver with blue. Most of the Sanger stuff was base color ( usually white) with seam and bubble or seam and sponson and deck. Yellow w/brown, brown w/gold. If you've seen one 70's Sanger you pretty much seen'em all.