Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Parasail To Back Of Jet Boat

szokejohn2
    Iwas just browsing on Ebay and I saw a parasail for sail.The thought occoured to me ,what if I put a parasail on the back of my jet boat.It would certainly pull the person up,but would the transom be strong enough to withstand the pull of a sail. They claim you need a boat capible of towing 12000 lbs of transom strength.

Taylorman
    If i had all the money we have spent on gas pulling a parasail behind my jet boat, i could retire. I have a ski tow bolted to the back of my boat and have never had a problem. Make sure you have plenty space to turn it. We had a camp at a local river for years. The river was about 1/2 mile wide so it was plenty spacious.

Jetmugg
    How about an engine-mounted ski tow? That way the force of the tow would be delivered through the engine and directly to the stringers. Very solid.
    SteveM.

squirt
    12,000 pounds huh? I haven't seen any tugs weighting that much pulling a para sail. If by chance they are correct I wonder how many boats have been lifted straight up out of the water

cole13
    If you end up doing it, please take pictures!

jpeaston
    Taylorman,
    You got any pics of parasailing?

Taylorman
    Im gonna have to get some from my dad. We had it when i was a kid. I'll try to dig some up and scan them.
    Kevin

CandyA$$
    I have been parasailing before when I was younger in Hawaii.
    Yes you do need to have lots of room.
    What kind of boat do you have?? The boat that we parasailed behind was a small size boat but not necessary small like a jetboat. So I don't know.

shootingstar72683
    Iwas just browsing on Ebay and I saw a parasail for sail.The thought occoured to me ,what if I put a parasail on the back of my jet boat.It would certainly pull the person up,but would the transom be strong enough to withstand the pull of a sail. They claim you need a boat capible of towing 12000 lbs of transom strength.
    I use to pull a kite behind a 1970 Tahiti16'bb427,with the tow hook-up to the engine. Never had any problem with it at all. Couldn't pull the back around either. Don't know if a sail pulls harder. I wouldn't think so, but you can probably pull a parasail in a stonger wind than a kite. Go get it. It's sure worth the ride. Call me ,I'll go!!

R.A.D.man
    Sorry, cannot help with the question, but we have a place on a small 1000 acre lake in North Texas, Lake Bonham, one year, long ago I sat in the boat watching some great entertainment while a 17 footer similar to a Bayliner dragged several friends (3 victims I recall) down a grassy slope and through the water trying to get a sail up. The problem seemed to be 4 fold, 1- to little power, 2- a very strong tail wind, 3-lack of experience and 4- once they had someone up, the lake was just too small and the day too windy and they splashed down trying to turn around. I have seen others do it right on this lake, but not these guys. It was great to watch. Good luck and have fun.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast