Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: header mufflers

Unchained
    I have used the Rex marine inserts, the baffled mufflers from Rewarder and Supertraps but none are effective enough. I have had to resort to earplugs. I like the sound of the big blown 540 but it will make your head ring after a long run.
    I want to try 4" chrome elbows down from the headers into a 6" aluminum crossover pipe that connects the two down pipes. Then you can dump all your cooling water into the top of the 6" aluminum tube and the exhaust can exit from multiple 1" holes in the back of the 6" crossover pipe. I have seen this done before and it is real quiet.
    Nice boat Jim, I remember seeing it at Brower Park.

turbo
    unchained, I would like to see a picture or diagram of that crossover thing. does it look sporty or what. I take long cruises and it feels like my older brother punched me upside my head when I was a smaller kid.

PC Rat
    77charger- what kind of rpms do you turn? Curious if these will only drop 100rpms if your winding pretty high to begin with.
    LVjetboy- with the orange mufflers in, I see why you don't have a complaining woman (or that you know of)

77charger
    was running 4800 with the a impeller now at 5200 with the a-b cut w/o baffles.they are also the slip in type for 4"headers.hida weird looking but do work good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12