Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: River Accident 6-4-05

Mandelon
    Im stil lost.. Clear lake?
    This is down near Martinez, and Fishers Landing, north of Yuma. Clear Lake is accessible through two channels cut in through the reeds. It is not on too many maps
    Ferguson is another small lake fed by the river, not really lakes, but river fed fat spots along the river. Clear Lak abuts Squaw Lake, through a dredged are in the reeds. Its a great little place.
    The lower river can be a bit intimidating, but the bottom is all sand.

psychocal
    Doesn't sound like he's looking for the fan boat or driver, sounds like he's looking for witnesses to the accident.
    We are looking for information so that we can make other boaters aware of this guy so they can look out for him because he obviously won't look out for you!!

psychocal
    You already said that the driver jumped in to help your daughter and her friend. That hardly sounds like hit and run. Mistakes were made, but I don't think you should insinuate that the guy would have hit and run when his first action was to stop and help.
    The reactions from the other two occupants of this kid's boat indicated they were going to leave and that is why the other party hooked the tow rope to them.

Boatcop
    Clear Lake is nearly right on the border between La Paz and Yuma Counties. South of Picacho. It's just North of what's called "Grass Island", approx 13 miles north of Fisher's Landing.
    If he was coming out of one of the inlets, into the main River Channel, then he is 100% at fault, providing that the other boat was on the proper side of the main channel.
    And, No! Air boat's aren't illegal on the Colorado River.

dirty old man
    thanks Alan, I didn't think so. And re: the hit & run comment, only since they took the boat out and moved it somewhere else after the accident. again my question, how hard is it going to be finding a fan boat?

tamalewagon
    I was at the river in Mid May and saw the fan boat you're referring to. It was definately coming from below the Fishers area as that is where we saw it pass us going up river and then heading south again later in the day. Wish I could I.D. the driver(s) for you.

BarryMac
    We were out there about a month ago and saw this ass clown on the big Sandbar, not sure where he stays down there, hopefully Grape Ape or Brady Bunch will see this, I think they might know who he is or know someone that knows him. Sorry to hear of the accident, glad everyone is okay...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123