Thread: River Accident June 4 @ Clear Lake

CandyA$$
    Here is a copy of what was said..... over on The Sandbar board
    River Accident 6-4-05
    I am wondering if anyone one this site saw what happened. At about 6 p.m. my daughter (12) and her friend (13) were in an inner tube being towed by the 13 year olds dad when a blue fan boat, similar to those found in the Everglades in Florida came out of the channel near Clear Lake and cut in front of the girls tube, brushing the front of the tube sending the girls crashing into the side of his boat.
    Neither girl, by the grace of God, was seriously injured. My daughter has a severely sprained ankle and her friend has a cut lip and bruised chin. Another friend that was with my daughters group took photos of the fan boat occupants (2-18 year olds and a 20 year old) tossing their beer into the river and sticking their fingers down their throats to make themselves puke right after the accident. I do have to give the driver of the fan boat credit as he immediately jumped into the water to help the girls and I have been told that he was very emotionally upset after the girls were taken to the hospital.
    Through some miscommunication the fan boat was towed into Squaw Lake where we were informed the Arizona authorities could not arrest this kid, so the report is now being investigated by the Yuma County Attorney for potential prosecution.
    Sorry this post is so long, but if anyone saw anything or knows anything about this boat and it's driver, please let us know. This could have been so much worse and I want to make sure that this kid can't do this to anyone else.

Her454
    This is a kid from Yuma that is currently being investigated for DUI and negligent driving of a watercraft. He did not leave the scene and he tried to render aid. They know his whereabouts and the Yuma County Sheriffs Ofc is handling the investigation.