Thread: Help With A Interior In A Schiada??????????

Dans66Stevens
    I have this 1976 Schiada 22 Daycruiser. I bought this boat with no interior at all. I have talked to a couple shops but both said if I could build the frames it would save me alot$$ I have some ideas but im wondering how the back cover over like the motor gets attaced to the boat? I would think you just build the frame then glass in some brackets? As far as the front seats I think that should be pretty easy. I wish someone could send me some pictures of some seats apart. So I could see what the frames look like. The boat is a V-Drive. Not that it matters..

1quickjet
    Dan, a few years ago, I tried the same thing. I wanted to build the frames and have someone cover them. Every shop I talked to said no, they wouldn't do it. Well one said he would take my money, but chances are pretty good it will look like sh!t ran over twice. The reason is, that these interior shops are very familiar with how to build the frames to accomodate their upholstery. I ended up saving my $$ for a few more months and let the shop do it all, (I did the carpet) and was VERY happy with the results. Had I built the seats, they would have been constructed nicely, but I just didn't have the marine interior experience to know just how much to allow for foam and vinyl thickness and gaps and such. Anyway my suggestion is it is probably worth saving the $$ and letting the shop do it all, and that way they will warranty it as well. To respond to your question though, my cruiser uses hinges at the rear, but there are small aluminum 90 degree brackets that attach to the rear of the hull, underneath the hatch to bear the weight. The front of the hatch, at least on my boat, sits on the top of the back seat. Hope this helps! Sorry for the long post!

superdave013
    Dan, I will send you some pics of my front seats on Monday. Just so happens they are out of the boat right now.

Dans66Stevens
    Hay Dave that would be super. Thanks Someone did send me some pictures but I can't really tell how the seats are made.

mario
    Hey, can someone send me some pictures too.I am getting ready to start my interior from having none too on my 28 daycruiser. the rear deck/engine cover is leaving me at a blank.
    Mario

superdave013
    Originally posted by Dans66Stevens:
    Hay Dave that would be super. Thanks Someone did send me some pictures but I can't really tell how the seats are made.
    Well, I don't think you will be able to tell how these are made. They are out of the boat but do have the upholstery still on them. Sorry, I guess I didn't read your post good enough.

Dans66Stevens
    well maybe just a picture of the bottom. Maybe a couple pictures where the rear hatch attaches. The frame work for the back seat. The back seat maybe. Dave you have seen my pictures. I have nothing to go by at all. I can build pretty much anything but I need some kind of idea. Plus I want this to look factory or like it should.Thanks

454,pantherjet witchcraft
    I am in the process of building all new interior for my second boat. I have done a few boats and have had really good luck with them and the looks turned out great. Tommorrow I will send you the pics of what I have done so far. I still have to do glassing but for the most part they are finished. As far as simplicity, to give you an idea it took me about an hour to draw the front seats out and about 1 hour to cut and assemble. If you find a good shop they can work with anything and pictures help to give them an idea of what you are looking for to make the seats look good.
    If you want a direct e-mail to me it is tmuhlenberg73@msn.com
    Tyeson