Thread: Gibson Mufflers

laveydayz
    Anyone have any feedback on the Gibson Bullet Mufflers for the 496ho?

riverracerx
    best out there.
    My buddy put the bullets (I think that is their name?) on his Whippled 572 Chevy crate motor and it hits 86db's now.

i put them on my lavey party prowler 620 horse and the thing is way to quiet for me.i hear all kinds of shit now i never heard before.boat seemed alittle slower but it is a new motor so i really have no baseline and i didnt try the boat yet without the mufflers.as far as cutting down the noise they do the job plus some.

laveydayz
    Did he notice any powerloss at all?

Sane Asylum
    I did the Gibson clamp-ons specifically for 496HO's. Sound good, look good, and I pass now but I'm takin em' off so I can hear the explosions......Only bought em for the tree huggin state of CA......(havasu)

Beer-30
    I did the Gibson clamp-ons specifically for 496HO's. Sound good, look good, and I pass now but I'm takin em' off so I can hear the explosions......Only bought em for the tree huggin state of CA......(havasu)
    Bought the same ones. Still new in the box, under the hatch. Haven't needed them yet. Have'm for when I do. Until then, who doesn't like the sound of an open big-block?

Big Bear
    I bought the thru transom bolt ups. No loss in rpm 5000, maybe lost 1 mph. Much quieter, can actually have a conversation. They are about twice the length of my stock tips and my transom does not seem to get as sooty as before. Good luck.