:idea:
I started responding to a thread by Jaxpunx with regards to the use of the trackable cell phones, available on the market, for our kids. I realized I'd jack the thread and didn't want to do that, so...
What trust do we have in our kids. Not that we can say with any degree of certainty that they are going to always tell us the truth, I'd even venture to say that most of the time they leave out most of the details of what they're up to, JUST LIKE WE DID, in order to keep us happy as well as themselves. The new phones give parents the opportunity to "track" thier teens. Is that a necessity or is it an intrusion...
I can see the justification as a safety feature (lost, broken down, etc) or perhaps and emergency situations which I won't go into, but as an everyday use I believe that the tracking phones would be an intrusion into my childrens privacy to some point. The fact that they have a phone is enough in my book to give me peace of mind and them some security.
I would think the best use was for those teens that are repeatedly caught in the act of decieving thier parents, or those who have been in trouble with the law. Just my opinion, I would love to hear what anyone else thinks...