Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Puting trust in our kids

BADBLOWN572
    Sounds to me like you've already laid all the groundwork for her to turn out great.
    Yep. I have met her and she is a good kid. Jackpunx did something right.

Her454
    Deb, Im with you on the protective side, but I do admit that I didnt have a "tracking" device when I was young and I turned out ok too. I realize things are different now and its a more dangerous, tempting world today - but I do see it as an invasion of privacy to a degree and thats where trust comes in to play. You hope you've taught them right and they take the high road in life. I DO agree that cell phones are a must in todays world, and the tracking purpose should be utilized for safety reasons if needed and only for tracking if your child has given you valid reasons to use it.

Waldo
    When my kids were born, I had a micro chip surgically placed under their skin. They don't even know it's there!

Ultracrazy
    Don’t confuse privacy with safety...........I have raised 6 kids without too many issues. But, there were definitely times that I would have loved to have this technology at my disposal. Someone said that parents would be surprised to find out where their kids REALLY were at times..........that is so true. Yep......I’m LE.

jackpunx
    Don’t confuse privacy with safety...........I have raised 6 kids without too many issues. But, there were definitely times that I would have loved to have this technology at my disposal. Someone said that parents would be surprised to find out where their kids REALLY were at times..........that is so true. Yep......I’m LE.
    I agree with you 100% .... I think there are a lot of people swiming in de nile..
    I was talking about a bumper sticker with BB 572,,
    It says..
    your little Angel is my little WHOR...
    You never know..

meaniam
    i dont think my parent cared where i was, i grew up on the mountain (lake arrowhead) so if i did something wrong the police would pick me up and drop me off at home. but the rule was after 9 pm dont wake dad at 12pm if your not in the house by then. dont come home tell tomorrow. there was alot of nights sleeping or parties on docks with pizza for dinner this was 17 and after.
    the mountains is diffrent. the poo poo have nothing better to do.. they know you on a first name bases. not becuase your bad.. of course we did do things wrong just luckly i was willing to do whatever it took to get away. did you know alot of docks have air pockets built in.... gee i hope when i have kids nobody tells them my stories

sorry dog
    If my child was in the wrong crowd, or ditching school and doing drugs, however, I may feel differently.
    I resemble that remark...and I had bad grades, stole signs, trenched yards, played mailbox baseball, threw keg parties in the woods, etc.
    ...but somehow I made it and I'd do it all again too. But I grew up in a pretty closed in community (same one the missing Holloway girl is from) where not getting caught by the po po was part of the fun. Once I went to college, I had a better idea of what is stupid and not worth the risk.
    ...and if I thought I could be located then I'd just leave that cell at home and buy my own or use a buddy's.

Debbolas
    Deb, Im with you on the protective side, but I do admit that I didnt have a "tracking" device when I was young and I turned out ok too. I realize things are different now and its a more dangerous, tempting world today - but I do see it as an invasion of privacy to a degree and thats where trust comes in to play. You hope you've taught them right and they take the high road in life. I DO agree that cell phones are a must in todays world, and the tracking purpose should be utilized for safety reasons if needed and only for tracking if your child has given you valid reasons to use it.
    Logically, I understand how the chip under their skin is an invasion of privacy, but emotionally, I want the chip, just so I could turn on my computer and KNOW where my kids are all the time. I know it is wrong, but it is how I feel.
    My kids are really good kids....Like I said, it's good I married Scream, we balance each other out

sorry dog
    Lemme ask you this then...
    What if you track them (say like 17 years old) and you don't like where/when they are/are doing then what are you gonna do about it?
    My mother knew I was getting into mischief, but I'd do important things like help maintain her house, visit grandma, work a job for my own money. If she had tried a crackdown, it's probably would have pissed me off into doing worse things.
    Actually, the parents of one my best friends doing the same shhit tried and he just ran away for a couple of weeks to another house and did sid the whole time... I think it was a nice vacation for him...his mom was a bitch

Debbolas
    Good Question..........
    I guess, it's not a question of finding out if they are where they are NOT suppose to be ............
    as...........
    knowing they are safe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast