Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Headers

jstwkd
    Whats the diff between rewarder and bassit headers wich is the better brand?

greg shoemaker
    Quality is the same and you can't tell the difference without looking at the tag. Price is the same and the only difference is who has them in stock. Greg

ULTRA28
    I agree with Greg, both headers are equal,but the tee-valve that Bassett makes is superior. We've had problems with the Rewarder vavle in the past. Glad to see you're still here Greg.
    [This message has been edited by ULTRA28 (edited February 14, 2002).]

Q-ball
    Hey ULTRA28, I just bought a used set of rewarders, what problems should I watch for with the T-valve??

squirts
    I have a set of Rewarders thru transon headers,but I use Bassets T valve. I feel that the Basset T is a better built valve and has a much stronger spring than the Rewarder.

77charger
    my cousin and i both have bbfs and i have bassets he has rewarders as for overall appearance they look identical.both are twisties.

HBjet
    Bassett Twisties and T-valve, never had a problem. (Knock on Wood)
    Greg, glad to see you back.
    You too ULTRA28
    HBjet

Blown Sleek
    Greg glad to see ya to.
    I replied to you'r mail just minutes after you sent it.(I think) You have my #'s
    hope to talk to ya soon.

okie dave
    bassets are superior. my rewarders had chrome peeling right out of the box. also, bolt holes don't line up very well. also, one side is wider than the other. they offered to re-chrome but it was the middle of the boating season and i'd have to ship them back to ca. just an experience three years ago.

Banshee
    I was just wondering if it's possible or even practical to re-chrome headers when they start to look ragged. I have a set of 10 Y/O Bassett’s that are in need of some loving attention- or maybe a deep quarry. If re-chroming is the way to go please respond back with a reputable shop, preferably, but not necessarily on the east coast as I’m from Pennsylvania. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast