Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: any pool guys?

riverroyal
    ive been looking with them,owner called me this morning,,,thanks

blackcloud75
    Try and get to know the seller first, if possible. The broker will try and sell you a "bill of goods" like a salesman. Usually the route owners are straight forward as far as accounts/employees/collections etc. When I was dealing with some commercial accounts the route owner told me some issues that the broker didn't which steered me away from the investment.
    BC75

riverroyal
    how many pools?how many hours a week do you think?

blackcloud75
    Depends what your looking for?
    Example:My buddy's career is simple
    Schedule: Monday-Friday from 0600-1400(8 hour day mostly driving between accounts)
    Accounts: 70 residential/13 commercial or HOA accounts(he does Trinity Broadcasts Network's fountains off the 405 in Fountain Valley=SLACKERS dont pay on-time)
    Fridays he does have a part-time guy working 5 accounts for him
    Salary: Government thinks he makes roughly min. wage but he pulls Mid-6 figures
    Join the Associations related to the industry for benefits,etc.
    I work 10 days a month and I AM JEALOUS OF HIS JOB!!!!
    Just remember it is the same as being a small business owner.

riverroyal
    i work way more than 40 and dont make nearly that,plus tax man loves me

UltraLucky
    What are you guys paying for pool sevice?
    We are paying $65/mo for full weekly service. How does he get mid six fig. (500k) income just off of service of 83 accounts. Just curious

riverroyal
    typical account gets 75$ to 100 for monthly service,so add the amount of accounts,say 70,thats 7000$ a month,then repairs typical add 30 to 40% on top of that,,so roughly another 3000$,2000$ to be safe,thats 9000$ a month,times 12 months,expenses are around 10 to 20% off that,what type of truck,insurance ,chemicals etc

ROZ
    That's a lot of pools to service within those time parameters... They must all be within really short driving distance..
    Most, if not all, commercial pools require 2 to 3 visits a week. I have one in Carlsbad who is requesting a 4th visit per week, but I know property mgmt won't go for it.. I have a buddy who services about 40 commercial pools per month. He starts around 6am and gets home around 6pm on the heavy days, and around 4pm on not so busy days unless he has repairs lined up. Currently repairs are LINING UP... I've been sub'd to doing a lot of his repairs because he just doesn't have enough time to get them done... I do know he billed over 180k last year... His Net is between him, his accountant, and God...lol
    Summer is a very busy time, as you can imagine, but the winter is when you have the extra time to yourself... That's when you make money, too...
    Don't think that the industry is a breeze. There many times when I get home and have to hit the spa because I'm flat worn out..
    If all you did was walk in, check chemicals, net a few leaves, and collect the monthly due, everyone would be doing it... There's plenty of work to go around, though...

JB in so cal
    typical account gets 75$ to 100 for monthly service,so add the amount of accounts,say 70,thats 7000$ a month,then repairs typical add 30 to 40% on top of that,,so roughly another 3000$,2000$ to be safe,thats 9000$ a month,times 12 months,expenses are around 10 to 20% off that,what type of truck,insurance ,chemicals etc
    Holy S***. I can the saliva from way up here...

ROZ
    What are you guys paying for pool sevice?
    We are paying $65/mo for full weekly service. How does he get mid six fig. (500k) income just off of service of 83 accounts. Just curious
    the 13 commercial accounts and commercial repairs is where he's making his money.. Those accounts will pay from 150 - 1k per month.... They can be a lot of work though...
    If you're good and fast, your golden...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast