Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: whats the best berkeley pump

DeputyDawg
    Well Jet Hydro, I don't know Duane personally like you do, but I have talked to him on the phone a few times and I think you better take a look at what is in his personal boat....Cuz it ain't an Aggressor! At least he told me it wasn't. It is an American Turbine if I remember right. And I am willing to bet that Duane can run anything he wants to and his personal 23ft lake cruiser jet that is probably faster than most of the jet drag boats out there, and it doesn't have an Aggressor pump in it. I have heard good things about Aggressor impellers but I have heard horror stories about their quality control and random parts failure with brand new pieces. I will also go so far as to say that if someone bought an Aggressor from Duane that he would probably know what to look for as far as quality control and would make sure that his customer got a satisfactory product that would work well for them. I like the looks of the Aggressor stuff, but I personally am a little scared of it. Kind of like my Ex-Wife, she looked awesome too but man what a bitch!!!

Squirtin Thunder
    what is the best one for the buck. now i think it is the new 12jr. but between the 12jg, 12jc, 12ja, (12je sucks i know that much). i am trying to build a decent jet boat i plan on buying one of capps' 19 foot cheyennes but i am tired of v drives and want to go jet. i will be pushing maybe a little over 400 horsepower.
    What is the Performance differance between the Berk Bowls, A, B, and G ????
    Being that there are alot of folks that can't aford the big cost of those bowls can we talk about the Berk ones for abit ????

Jet Hydro
    DeputyDawg If you look at what Duane put`s in all the race boats you`ll only see Aggressor. Flash Back, R&D Express and my boat all have Aggressor pumps. I know that there are a few things you are not aware of on his lake boat.
    His lake boat is a fast, large and heavy boat. How fast in the 1/4 I have no clue but I know on the lake it can click off 100+ anytime he wants too. There are reasons why he runs what he does in what he does and he can tell you about that. All I know is he told me that I needed the Aggressor pump, I would have let him install what ever he said I needed and that's what I did. It wasn't a cost factor as I was ready to spring for what ever we needed. I have put the Aggressor stuff to the test with airing it out many times and I have never had one problem what so ever.

bp
    DeputyDawg I know that there are a few things you are not aware of on his lake boat. His lake boat is a fast, large and heavy boat.
    really? i remember a thread not too long ago where duane mentioned that his 23 footer was an extremely light layup, using some type of filler blocks that aren't used anymore? something like a 600lb bare hull? that ain't heavy. but????
    for a new pump, my choice would be at/dom. if i were looking for older stuff, i'd look for a jc to have converted to a jg, and use a new at/dom suction piece.

Jet Hydro
    true bp but it also has a full interior. It`s not a lightened up lake racer, it`s his family boat that his wife and grand kids ride in. I`d love to have that boat for my lake boat!
    Gotta go try to tear up the drag car so see ya monday.

olbiezer
    all i can say is i had a 79 biesemeyer that had a 12 jg that was never touched in 20 years and never gave me a lick of trouble. good strong and still did a honest 70 mph on the gps 20 yrs later. now lets talk propelers lol
    btw i still have a 12jg rudder and nozzle if anyone wants it for 5 bucks plus shipping 601 506 9977

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123