Thread: New Boat help

newbee
    We are looking for a new boat to use on Lake Powell in the 25-30' range. Never owned a go-fast before but plenty of water experience. Any suggestions on hull, size, manufacture, etc...

Mandelon
    Got a budget?

Jordy
    Wow, this is going to be a great thread. I got the popcorn ready:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23popcorn.jpg
    Get ready for about 400 different answers. You need to start a list of what you want in the boat, that is, open bow, mid-cuddy, full cabin, seating, cost, size, power, propulsion type, and on and on and on, and then start looking around. There are some great boat builders out there these days, and then there are some who don't have the best reputation in the world. Hit the showrooms, talk to the company reps and see what kind of feeling you get in dealing with them. Find one you like and see about getting it out on the water. If you're serious, they shouldn't expect you to commit to a $80K-$100K+ purchase without first taking one out and getting some time in it.
    That's just the tip of the iceberg and I know I'm leaving lots of stuff out as I don't want to bog you down. You can expect a different response from everyone who replies because everyone has different needs and they all think the boat that they bought is the best or they wouldn't have pulled the trigger.
    Good luck.

newbee
    Not for the right boat.

voodoomedman
    Wow, this is going to be a great thread. I got the popcorn ready:
    http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23popcorn.jpg
    Get ready for about 400 different answers. You need to start a list of what you want in the boat, that is, open bow, mid-cuddy, full cabin, seating, cost, size, power, propulsion type, and on and on and on, and then start looking around. There are some great boat builders out there these days, and then there are some who don't have the best reputation in the world. Hit the showrooms, talk to the company reps and see what kind of feeling you get in dealing with them. Find one you like and see about getting it out on the water. If you're serious, they shouldn't expect you to commit to a $80K-$100K+ purchase without first taking one out and getting some time in it.
    That's just the tip of the iceberg and I know I'm leaving lots of stuff out as I don't want to bog you down. You can expect a different response from everyone who replies because everyone has different needs and they all think the boat that they bought is the best or they wouldn't have pulled the trigger.
    Good luck.
    That may well be the best answer I've ever seen to this question. So I'll go with that and add a couple of cents. Give Ultra a try.

mksmlss