Thread: Hardin log exhaust gasket replacement

toomuchfun
    After two seasons of water dripping from the gasket between the Hardin collector log and the elbow, I removed the exhaust to replace the gaskets. As with any job, it was more hassle than you plan. The studs had corroded inside the elbow mounts, and were nearly permanent. I had to use wedges, chisels and penetrating oil to force the elbows off the log studs. Now I need to find new gaskets. There are two fiber gaskets with an alluminum spacer in between. Can someone suggest a place where I can purchase new gaskets? Thanks.

flat broke
    Take your pick,
    CP performance
    Eddie Marine
    Rex Marine
    Just about any repair shop that deals with jets
    Hope that helps,
    Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

Dans66Stevens
    I have tried all kinds of Shit for gaskets. The best thing I found and this will be a Shocker!!!!!! I used some plane old gray colored cardbourd. Its like the stuff on the bottom of a pad of paper. The shit worked like a Million Bucks..... Also used some copper Silicon.

Dans66Stevens
    I did also fly cut both sides. To make sure they were flat.

LeadFootTheRabbit
    Dans66Stevens, I've never used note pad cardboard on exhaust but thats what I've used on motorcycles for years. That and copper ultra silicon. On the Cleveland motor in my jeep I don't use any gasket on the exhaust manifolds only the copper ultra. Six years-no problems.
    LDFTRBT

toomuchfun
    Thanks for all the gasket suggestions. I located some gaskets at CP Performance in thier new catalog, but if HOT1GMCJET is correct, S&A Marine in Trenton (Mich?) has good quality gaskets. I did a search on the white pages, and cound not locate S&A. Does anyone know them and can they provide a phone number? HOT1GMCJET? Thanks.

searssears1
    toomuchfun,Looked on the puter could'nt find an S&A marine, did find a trenton marine center in N.J.# is 800-372-7278.Not sure if it does any good, but that's what I found.

1HOTGMCJET
    My bad, toomuchfun - S&A Marine is in Allen Park, Michigan - number I have is (313) 382-8968 - if that doesn't work, try directory assistance for Michigan (area code 313 or 734) let me know how you come out - Good Luck! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif