Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: brake up grade????????????

a catered life
    looking to do something for a upgrade in brakes for the tahoe this weekend......better pads maybe bigger calibers not sure any suggestions.........i was told that fleet brake pads are pretty good better than the standard raybestos from pep boys

Kachina26
    The standard brakes from GM are pretty good, they last awhile (on the new body style) and don't squeek. Stock=reliable

a catered life
    The standard brakes from GM are pretty good, they last awhile (on the new body style) and don't squeek. Stock=reliable
    yea the one on there work good but since i want to do bakes this weekend i thought i would upgrade ps i got a 99 not rich enough to boat and own a new truck :jawdrop: i believe in the cash system only thing i finance are the house's

JetBoatRich
    Willie exactly are you looking to improve? More mileage on a set of brakes, better braking power?
    If you are having problems stopping with the boat, maybe your trailer needs adjustment :idea:
    or buy a smaller boat

MrsJetDriver
    Willie I run the fleet pads on our Ho. THey are quiet and minimal dusting, well worth the extra bit of cash you will spend. I would get your rotors turned while your at it. If you can afford it I would go for the disc braek upgrade to the rear!

JetBoatRich
    Willie I run the fleet pads on our Ho. THey are quiet and minimal dusting, well worth the extra bit of cash you will spend. I would get your rotors turned while your at it. If you can afford it I would go for the disc braek upgrade to the rear!
    Steph who put these on you or Shawn

Party Cat
    looking to do something for a upgrade in brakes for the tahoe this weekend......better pads maybe bigger calibers not sure any suggestions.........i was told that fleet brake pads are pretty good better than the standard raybestos from pep boys
    Aside from a major upgrade...there isn't much you can do....I put a set of Stillen Rotors on our 97 1/2 ton Suburban (I think the same brakes as your 99) I have been told that the 3/4 ton suburban calipers are supposed to fit the 1/2 tons..but never checked that angle out...either way...the factory pads seem to work the best as far as not squeeking...

Whipped Caliber

a catered life
    Willie exactly are you looking to improve? More mileage on a set of brakes, better braking power?
    If you are having problems stopping with the boat, maybe your trailer needs adjustment :idea:
    or buy a smaller boat
    smaller boat isn't that illegal in some states............ :hammer2: i was just looking for something better than factory.i haven't had any problems stopping the boat but i didnt want to over work the break system.
    mrs jet your one hell of a lady if your doing the breaks on the car i think i will go with the fleet since you approved them :wink:

INSman
    Congrats on your 4,000th post !!! What is with your avatar ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast