Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3D Modeling

BADBLOWN572
    Just curious to see of anyone on here knows some form of 3D modeling program or has the hookup on someone who does. I need to get a project done up in 3D and I am having a hard time finding someone who can do it.
    Danny

1stepcloser
    I know Froggy has been using one extensively in his company, maybe he could help ya?

cxr133
    try BLENDER
    there are alot of online tutorials that can help

Essex502
    There are a variety of 3D modeling software on the market. The better ones are in alphabetical order are:
    Autodesk Inventor
    Pro/ENGINEER
    Solidworks
    Solidedge
    If you don't need industrial strength 3D molding there is another package named Pro/CONCEPT from the same folks who make Pro/ENGINEER. Great little package and very easy to use.

Jetdriver
    Just curious to see of anyone on here knows some form of 3D modeling program or has the hookup on someone who does. I need to get a project done up in 3D and I am having a hard time finding someone who can do it.
    Danny
    Hey Danny my Mother in law does 3D modeling! Give me a call or pm if you want more info!
    Shawn
    (818) 419-6126

Essex502
    Danny
    Out of curiosity, what's the project? What form of output do you need? Drawings? Renderings? NCL files? G-code?

Krumbsnatcher
    Danny
    It depends on what you plan on doing with the final drawing. If you plan on a CNC path solid works or mastercam is great. We just use solid works for modeling new enclosures etc for future customers being we can incorporate their logos into our existing offerings and show them what it will look like prior to wasting the material.
    If you are looking for modeling help and work i have a great shop that i dish our custom work too give me a pm.
    Jeff

superdave013
    I know a guy who knows another guy who can burn you a bootleg version of Solid Works. These guys just happen to me RRL members too.

BADBLOWN572
    A buddy of mine works in the automotive design industry and has some renderings drawn up that he wants to take to the next level. He is now looking to model the designs into some sort of 3d modeling so he can get a 360 degree view as well as have the ability to accurately input proportions. He needs to be able to look at it in proportion to see if the design will look correct as well as be functional. He also need the ability to pull dimensions off of the program to give to the guys who are going to clay model the vehicle. I know that there are a bunch of different programs available out there, but I don't have a clue when it comes to this stuff. He just asked me if I knew anyone and I told him I could check around and see what I can do.
    Danny

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast