Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I actually have.......................

barbigrl
    A boating question!!! So my parents are looking to buy a boat, (I think it is a ploy to get me to hang out with them more) they virtually have NO clue when it comes to boats. They are heading off to the Pomona boat show tomorrow to take a look. I am trying to convince them not to come home with a Gayliner or a Sea Ray...
    I think that a deck/pontoon boat would be the best option for them.
    They are looking to spend under 30k for it....is that even possible? Does anyone have any suggestions??? THANKS!!

69 Elim
    under $30k, buy a couple year old boat - much better off.

Scream
    My sister bought a 23' Maxum deck boat last year for Arrowhead (first boat ever for her and her bf). I've not been on hers, but I checked them out at the last LA boat show. I thought they were pretty nice all told. Very versitile, enough speed to get you where you want to go, easy on easy off (important as they get less mobile) and for the most part I think they are reliable. Probably the top speed will be somewhere between 45 and 50, and I'd say closer to the 45 IMO, but the cost was not too bad. The deck boat had a porta potty, but the space could be used for storage (massive space) and had table...sink...lots of features they may be interested in.
    If this is thier first boat, they should consider something pretty vanilla IMO, then move up the food chain later.
    Scream

riverliver
    They want you to hang out with them ? Are they nuts....LMAO
    J/K

barbigrl
    My sister bought a 23' Maxum deck boat last year for Arrowhead (first boat ever for her and her bf). I've not been on hers, but I checked them out at the last LA boat show. I thought they were pretty nice all told. Very versitile, enough speed to get you where you want to go, easy on easy off (important as they get less mobile) and for the most part I think they are reliable. Probably the top speed will be somewhere between 45 and 50, and I'd say closer to the 45 IMO, but the cost was not too bad. The deck boat had a porta potty, but the space could be used for storage (massive space) and had table...sink...lots of features they may be interested in.
    If this is thier first boat, they should consider something pretty vanilla IMO, then move up the food chain later.
    Scream
    Thanks Scream...yes they definitly need something reliable!!! They just want something to cruz around the lake with and have my one year old nephew on. They have a Toyata Highlander...do you think that thing can tow one??
    And Riverliver...my mother is already asking if they get a boat, can they come hang out with my friends and I :cry: :cry: (my mom still thinks she is in her 20's.....she is a milf)

Jordy
    They want you to hang out with them ? Are they nuts....LMAO
    J/K
    Actually it would be a good thing now that she's been kicked out of Parker and D-row. It would give her a few more options.
    Oh and BG, just make sure whatever they get has a sand removal feature for when you're around.

Eliminator 4 Life
    A boating question!!! So my parents are looking to buy a boat, (I think it is a ploy to get me to hang out with them more) they virtually have NO clue when it comes to boats. They are heading off to the Pomona boat show tomorrow to take a look. I am trying to convince them not to come home with a Gayliner or a Sea Ray...
    I think that a deck/pontoon boat would be the best option for them.
    They are looking to spend under 30k for it....is that even possible? Does anyone have any suggestions??? THANKS!!
    Uh HELLO who did you hang out with all weekend that sells boats are you fawkin kidding me thats it I see what side of the ship Im on now :devil:

Mandelon
    (my mom still thinks she is in her 20's.....she is a milf)
    OK, we need pics..... :wink:

BADBLOWN572
    no way possible to get a custom boat for under $30k. It won't happen. If that is their price range, they are going to be limited to boats like Bayliners or Sea-Rays. I would look at buying a couple year old boat and have someone go through it and make sure that it is right. I might know a couple of people who are capable if you are interested.

barbigrl
    OK, we need pics..... :wink:
    Don't have any here at work.....sorry!! hahaa
    Oops Rob I forgot you sell boats....hehee..

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast