Thread: truck question

Kiddunot
    anyone know much about wheel adapters, and running them, has anyone had a problem with them and so forth

MagicMtnDan
    I assume you're asking because you want to run a wheel that doesn't fit your bolt pattern. I think it's one thing to run 'em on a car and probably OK on a truck but hauling and towing would make me nervous with adapters.

advantage21
    I Had On A Lowered Chevy Of Mine Stay Away From Those Can Cause All Sorts Of Problems.

Raskal
    I Had On A Lowered Chevy Of Mine Stay Away From Those Can Cause All Sorts Of Problems.
    get back to work

sigepmock
    I'd stay away from them. There are too many reasons to list but simply they are not worth the risk, especially on a truck.
    Man up and do it right.....buy wheels that were designed for your application.
    Just my $.02
    Chris

Kiddunot
    the wheels are the right ones for the truck, my problem is when i run a 33" tire it rubs on my upper control arm and on the inside of the frame when turning....so if i put a bolt on wheel adapter that just pushes the wheel out 1" that is my theroy??????

BOBALOO
    Try adjusting the bolt on the front suspension that hits the steering knuckle at full lock, and if you are like me and have a Ford 4x4 with 35's and stock wheels with no adjustment, take a washer for a 3/8" bolt (1/8" thick) and weld it to the bumpstop. You will lose some turning radius but if you turn to the point where it doesnt rub anyway you will lose nothing. 4 point turns here I come.
    I still rub a little at full lock if I turn into a driveway or dip fast, but it less embarassing/annoying than it hitting ALL the time and I could have used a little thicker washer to eliminate it totally.

tahitijet
    u can run adapters with great luck.. however i don't recomend them on that size truck and especially not with that big of a tire. What your after anyway is a spacer not an adapter.. Your best bet is to 1. lift more, 2. buy a wheel with less backspace.. If you want to make work what you have find a place to buy spacers, extend your lugs the same amount and your good to go.