Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's the best way to clean heavy water spots on my hull?

ACLC
    DRIVEN!!!! Quick Spray....

clownpuncher
    I've used this stuff called "Warlock25". Seems to work the best.

JustMVG
    Little bit of vinegar and water and those Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, works for us on our Ultra, it's a 1995 and still looks great. also the Erasers work on the vinyl real well also.

WILD LAVEY
    DRIVEN!!!! Quick Spray....
    yep, what he said. that stuff works great.

HavaPaul
    This is what i do, first every spring the boat is waxed. as a rule do not soap wash your boat. soap will remove the wax, anything will. I always hose off dust and rag off. water spots stick due to a lack of wax, should wipe right off of wax. If you get oil scumm or such, use a verry watered down wax in a bottle for degreasing. Never soap. Or some people use vineger, this is a real good wax stripper. Give it a try.

HavaPaul
    if the boat was color sanded or buffed, leaving no wax. and water got on it, it will be dificult to remove the spots. Something acidic perhapws will work, lemon juice? Of course that will strip your wax off as well.

Relaxalot
    I agree with the river water technique, it's also a great price. Soak a towel in the lake before you pull out, scrub off all of the spots and dry with a towel. You still have to wax but this works great!

Debbolas
    we wipe our boat down each time we pull it out......Warlock has some great stuff called "Frenzy" it's a whole boat cleaning system.
    the duck stuff you are thinking of is called "Ducky" I think, it does what vinegar and water does, but smells better and costs a lot more.
    We wipe with vineagar & water, or a wet towel from the river, or this boat cleaner spray that we have....
    Mr. Clean's magic eraser works great on seat stains, becarefull using it on painted surfaces as it a micro abrasive.

coolchange
    You boat in dideuterium oxide? :sqeyes:

afi823
    Ducky!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast