Thread: Single Dominator

WILDERTHANU
    I can't find a drop down air cleaner base for it, anyone know of any? We have hood issues in a '69 Camero, so I might have to make one if I cant find one soon.

I can't find a drop down air cleaner base for it, anyone know of any? We have hood issues in a '69 Camero, so I might have to make one if I cant find one soon.
    does it have a cowl induction hood?...if not...u might try the Edelbrock Pro-Flow air cleaner...its pretty thin & works great...just my .02 cents
    fastrat

Foggerjet
    Wilder, You may as well get started fabbing up that base. I ran into the same issue on our '69. After the height of the intake, nitrous plate, spacer, the 2 1/2" cowl wouldn't cut it on a BBC. I don't think a drop base is common on a 4500 as folks generally don't run a filter on them at all. Ours is a "streetcar" :devil: and we didn't really want all that stuff totally visable. Someone may make one now tho, I made one about 3 yrs ago out of sheet alum. and just put a regular 14" moroso top on it. It worked and looked good and accomplished the "stealth" that we were looking for.
    fog

WILDERTHANU
    Wilder, You may as well get started fabbing up that base. I ran into the same issue on our '69. After the height of the intake, nitrous plate, spacer, the 2 1/2" cowl wouldn't cut it on a BBC. I don't think a drop base is common on a 4500 as folks generally don't run a filter on them at all. Ours is a "streetcar" :devil: and we didn't really want all that stuff totally visable. Someone may make one now tho, I made one about 3 yrs ago out of sheet alum. and just put a regular 14" moroso top on it. It worked and looked good and accomplished the "stealth" that we were looking for.
    fog
    Ya that what I figured. No worries, should be a breeze to crank one out. Thanx for the reply.